1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Transgenders no longer welcome in the military

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He is a loser. Trump never wanted him. Fake news that he was even a serious candidate.

2. conquistador#11

Bring in omarosa to fill in that homeland security position.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So you agree with the 'ban'. Now explain why and are you so naive to not see this as nothing but Trump throwing a bone to the "I'm tired of winning" crowd who have been unable to say it without merit recently.

4. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Yeah @KevinsBacon you really are a bigot. Maybe you should learn some...

[​IMG]

KevinsBacon likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Well......... I know how I would try to get out of the military if I REALLY didn't want to be a soldier anymore.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

Yup... Just another avenue for enlisted men who fear pending war deployment to dip out.

7. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

It's become pretty clear that the D&D is nothing more than a place with narrow minded individuals to come here and circle-jerk each other about how terrible that fascist Trump is.

I don't like or hate Trump, and he usually comes across as over the top or an idiot. I wish he would tone it down with building walls, and his anti-LGBT legislation. However, at the same time I don't get my panties in a giant wad over it.

Left wing cronies are always right, and if you disagree you get cyber bullied and ridiculed as a stupid red neck. I've always found that funny considering most of the wealthier elite are right wing. I guess they are just dumb rich rednecks.

Then we have the right wing... super ignorant in their own right. Thats what this country has come down to. A bunch of idiots clamoring over who is right, and a whole bunch of nothing getting done. Luckily we have heroes like dandorotik and bongman to champion for the cause.

Please, as if anyone gives an actual ****. Clearly this is just another way for the liberal media to distract us from real issues that affect more than 25 people.

For all those blatant "not my president" Trump haters that think they really are open minded y'all should look in the mirror and recognize. You are no different than any low life redneck spouting "Nobama" back in 2008 or 2012. Wake up clowns.

Space Ghost likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

You call it a distraction by the left when in reality it's a distraction by Trump to throw a bone at his base because well... They keep on loosing.

Yes, the left always thinks they are right. The right always thinks they are right. People who think they are on a high horse because they hate everyone think they are always right.

What's your point?

And yes I do have some experience in the military as a Marine infantry rifleman. So how do transgender enlisted personnel effect "defense readiness"? Can you explain with your experience with the military or at least the 5000 current transgender indivudals serving the past 4 years as a case study?

9. fchowd0311

None. Though we do have a case study of 5000 active duty transgender enlisted. Let's ask their units and let's analyze their costs.

How about it?

10. fchowd0311

Well there are 5000 active transgender so it actually would but Trump has not submitted the formal work to enact it. He just tweeted it. If it does go through I don't see how you can hold that opinion. That's 5000 active enlisted who might be forcably admin sep'd.

You are correct in the sense that this won't effect servicembers who aren't transgender.

11. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/07/26/trump-announces-transgender-ban-for-the-military.html

Maybe people should read more into this whole thing instead of being internet war heroes championing for the cause.

It won't affect current people openly serving as transgenders. Maybe it's ridiculous that y'all think the military should pay for people to have sex change operations. Essentially that's what this is banning. Pre-op trans gender people. If I'm wrong then I apologize, but that is my understanding of this whole ordeal.

Let's talk about something that's really not that important or affects that many people...

[​IMG]

KevinsBacon likes this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

No one was talking about this at all....until Trump did.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

http://www.thetruenet.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Trump-tweet.jpg

Gee I wonder where people.got the notion that this will effect current transgender enlisted personnel.
    [​IMG]

You're tying to hard to justify absurdity. It's explcitly stated here.

Again, we have 4 years of case study to analyze costs. If constant are an issue let's analyze the past 4 years of transgender costs.

14. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

False. That gun should be an AK-47 to reflect our new Russian influence.

But this is the new America.

[​IMG]

Diet soda please.

15. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Yeah I get we won't accept or allow NEW transgender enlistments into the military. I'm fine with that. Sue me.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

#Truth

I mean I get it, it's being pennywise dollar stupid. Does it raise costs? Sure. But, is that cost significantly relevant and worth putting in a program so dismissive and abusive? I have yet to see any data confirming that.

It's like the whole drug testing welfare recipients issue. At first, I supported it. Then, when you look at the cost of drug testing vs. the amount of people abusing drugs on welfare it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to do it. Do you want an entire police force dedicated to every individual bike theft? No, uit would be nice to afford it, but no.

17. fchowd0311

Nah... I'd rather just call you an ******* for not allowing people to serve just because of faulty logic based on no evidence. Again, we have 4 years of case study.

As someone who has served, it allowed me great opportunities such as having my entire engineering degree payed for. I wish all Americans have the opportunity to reap the benefits of service.

MadMax and Deckard like this.
  18. fchowd0311

Yup..it's absurd.

I'm pretty sure one 18 hole round of golf at Mar-a-Lago would cover all the transgender elective surgery requests in the history of the US Armed services.

This is a joke that is only there to pander to a base desperate for something.

19. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Very few are arguing that he's not anti-LGBT. He literally is, and anyone that believed otherwise deserves whatever consequence that caused them.

He's a bigot. He's a moron. He's also super rich and powerful and he's the commander in chief and occasionally he gets a little wood on the ball and makes decisions I agree with. Pretty much every president since idk (EVER) has been that way.

They all suck. Obama wasn't better. Bush wasn't worse. Clinton wasn't better. They all have to look out for #1 bc they are freaking good for nothing politicians. It's basically pointless to complain about them, bc in 4 years it's the same nonsense all over again.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

When your approval rating is that low, you gotta do something. Anything.

Polarize the base, distract the people, recover. That's what he has to do here.