1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Should Invite Putin to White House ASAP

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ipaman, Mar 5, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I would love the Putin/Russia hating politicians and media to say the things they say about Putin and Russia to their faces. Why this hasn't been done yet is beyond me. If he wants the Russian speculation to stop this is how you get it done. This would set an example that President Trump can get along with everyone even if there are disagreements. This needs to happen!!

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not seeing how that would put an end to speculation.

Would make for good TV though, so I'm sure Trump would be on board.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would play great with everybody already unconditionally behind Trump. It would be pouring gasoline on the flames for everybody who is uncomfortable with the relationship. Not even Trump could be that tone deaf. It would be a "let them eat cake" level of deficient situational awareness.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Haha, not sure why you think journalists would be scared to say anything about Putin to his face. What can he do to them here? What is it they have to fear?

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Trump with a big ol Russian fur hat giving a big ass F you, nice!

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not surprising that Trump supporters would favor a visit, not because it would benefit US foreign affairs, but rather it would be (they somehow assume) it would help Trump and his continually collapsing reputation.

[​IMG]

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't need to do inperson meetings...

[​IMG] They

MadMax likes this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OP is saying journalists would be afraid of being poisoned or otherwise assassinated by Putin?

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yeah, we'll show those stupid Americans this time, right??? We need more Putin!!

11. ipaman

Man you guys are so anti-Trump it has deluded your minds.

I guess you guys thought it was bad when Reagan met with Gorbachev or when Rabin ate and shook hands with Arafat. You guys probably hated Sadat and Begin. It's apparent that some of you would be disappointed that Grant and Lee shook hands. Today's media along with many of you might be very disappointed with The Big 3's Tehran and Yalta meetings. Be honest, you guys don't want world peace you're only pretending. You'd rather have powerful enemies apparently.

Space Ghost likes this.
  12. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Great idea! He should also release his tax returns at the same time. Since he has nothing to hide let's get everything out in the open and end all of this speculation once and for all.

#12 Chilly_Pete, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Whats with this media bashing by some people? If you don't like a particular news organization just don't follow it. :confused:

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

IPAMAN: Say it to his face, Media!
    CF BBS: LOL
    IPAMAN: Be honest: you guys don't want world peace!
    CF BBS: ???

AkeemTheDreem86 and JayGoogle like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Meeting with Putin, or any world leader for strategic benefit to the United States or the world is a positive. Meeting with Putin to distract attention from Trump's personal problems including controversies involving inappropriate or even illegal interactions with Russian officials is not to the benefit of the United States.

And its clear from your original post, you position this as a way for Trump to stop speculation and show how Trump gets along with people, not to benefit the United States.

AkeemTheDreem86 and jo mama like this.
  16. ipaman

Pushing toward a more peaceful world (especially between powerful countries) and embarrassing our media are not exclusive, both can and should happen!

I would like to add, the media is like diarrhea that's been sitting for awhile someone needs to flush. D.C. politicians are the same except the toilet is clogged. We needs some equipment to unclog that mess. With everything turning on it's head it's the best chance we've had in a long time for this to happen. A Putin visit would be another great anti-normal event.

I've realized Trump is the anti-hero the world needs!!!

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OK, I'm starting to think you are not serious about your own posts. Are you having a bad toilet day?
    How to "flush" the media? Like a . . . re-education camp or something? Maybe . . . put them in jail for a little while? Oh! Get Putin to scare them coz Trump is floundering so badly!

You're saying Putin is the toilet plunger and Trump is America's plumber?

So, uh, whose ass produced all the feces in your imagination?

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  18. ipaman

Let me make it clear now, it does both.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How does inviting Putin embarrass the media? I'm not following your train of thought here.

20. ipaman

Media trust and integrity is at an all time low. They can clean from within, police their own, teach their own, hold each other accountable.

D.C. is a tougher mess and clog. It cannot clean form within, needs an outsider. I thought Bernie or Trump could be the anti-hero outsider we needed and Trump won. So we've got to complete the mission.