1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump says 'massive tax cut' plan coming as soon as Wednesday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Apr 21, 2017.

1. dmoneybangbang

But will the GOP Congress approve more deficit spending? Will they approve cutting military, medicare, and/or SSN?

I prefer less dog and pony shows and more legislation that actually has a chance of not only passing but being effective.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Exactly. It's funny the Trump fans here are quick to use this as a "Trump has a tax plan that will help America" before we have even seen legislation and seen it go in front of Congress. In only a Trump fans world will announcing a Tax plan is coming be a bragging right.

Facts are like you said they can't really cut taxes without adding to the deficit and without the Trumpcare repeal coming first There are many limits. and even if they do get Trumpcare done first and then pass a tax bill it's only going to be for the super wealthy, and Enterprise businesses.

But yeah call me when a bill goes to the house for a vote which will likely have to come after Trumpcare gets passed. My guess is the Trump tax announcement on Wednesday will be a EO that will essentially amount to a "review" of our tax system much like his other just-for-show EO's.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's a shocker. Bigger deficits, according to Trump's own Treasury Secretary. But after magic happens, and a change in how the deficit is measured...

Trump tax plan may produce some short-term budget issues: Mnuchin
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-imf-g20-usa-treasury-idUSKBN17O0OJ

No Worries likes this.
  4. dobro1229

I caught that dumpster fire movie Suicide Squad on HBO the other day and noticed that Steve Mnuchin guy was the executive producer of it. If his tax plan execution is anything like his movies we are in for a real hot load of dog sh$&.

peleincubus and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

I think both side of the aisle agree with that statement. However I think the vast majority of both sides would oppose a major tax cut on income over 250k/500k which is what I expect to be announced. I also expect a big cut or elimination of the estate tax.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Didn't you hear? The economic stimulus will more than pay for the shortfall in the long run! He's going to make the pie higher!

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

wish it was zero, but this is still very good

8. conquistador#11

a sort of political charles ponzi scheme, yes? it's what can make america glorious again.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not to derail the thread, but I saw that movie, too, and not even Margot Robbie in hot shorts could save it. (Although she helped me stick with it.)

10. JuanValdez

Commodore for president! Imagine all the stimulus when he abolishes taxes altogether. Our government revenues will be through the roof!

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

government revenues aren't my metric

12. dobro1229

LOL. I can't wait to ask all my Right Wing friends what they think of the new Tax plan draw up by the Hollywood Elite Producer.

15% tax rate... the devil is in the details here. I'm sure Texx thinks this is another win from Trump even though we know nothing here. The rate means nothing without knowing what the deductions will be, and how this affects S-Corps etc.

One thing is FOR SURE though after listening to The Hollywood Movie Producer's press conference, we will NOT be lowering the deficit. Trump again showing he's not a true conservative. Instead touting out a pie in the sky "GDP increases will pay for it'. With no data to back up growth projections.

In what world do we live in where the FoxNews "conservatives" diehards support a President that is this rooted in Hollywood culture, and this fiscally non-conservative? I guess you throw a little racism in, talk about babies, and shoot off a few missiles and you have undying support from the FoxNews diehards.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Until Drumpf releases his Taxes, Any tax plan he presents is DOA. Prove that you are not trying to help yourself and your business.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Slap a AMT rate of 10% and we're good. All the corporate welfare queens driving around in Cadillacs will throw a hissy fit. Count on it.

15. JuanValdez

I'm feeling pretty confident he'll never release them and he'll get away with it.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Tax cuts without spending cuts are stupid. Tax cuts with spending increases are worse.

wizkid83, juicystream, pirc1 and 2 others like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You suck at telling the truth.

18. Major

Major Member

Nor are deficits, apparently. At least your show your true colors vs your last 8 years of fake whining about deficits and debts.

Nook likes this.
  19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

What would you do to offset the loss to federal revenue? Would you want to eliminate taxes for everyone?

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

let's just go with Libertarian's wet dream and have zero tax. Who needs defense, law enforcement, transportation networks, social safety nets, etc. Zero tax is the perfect way to go.