1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump rips into Fox News coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Harrisment, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think the Trump/Fox News relationship is a bigger discussion than just the shutdown coverage, thus the reason for a new thread.

Trump rips into Fox News over shutdown, border wall coverage

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...o-fox-news-over-shutdown-border-wall-coverage

President Trump on Sunday blasted a pair of Fox News reporters over their coverage of the border wall negotiations, claiming that they have "less understanding" than journalists at "fake news CNN & NBC."

"Never thought I’d say this but I think [John Roberts] and [Gillian Turner] have even less understanding of the Wall negotiations than the folks at FAKE NEWS CNN & NBC!" Trump tweeted, referring to two of the news network's top correspondents.

"Look to final results! Don’t know how my poll numbers are so good, especially up 19% with Hispanics?" Trump continued, referring to a poll published earlier this month that found a growing number of Latino adults approved of Trump's job performance.

The Marist poll, published in partnership with PBS and NPR, found that 50 percent of Latino adults approve of Trump's job as president, up from 31 percent in December. The survey also found that just 39 percent of adults approved of Trump's job performance.

It is unclear what specific coverage Trump was referring to. Roberts filled in for Fox News anchor Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday." Fox News did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.

The comments from Trump come only days after he signed a continuing resolution to temporarily reopen the government following a 35-day shutdown. The funding lapse was triggered after Congress failed to reach an agreement on a new spending bill.

Trump has repeatedly demanded that a long-term bill include funds for a border wall, which Democrats oppose. The president expressed doubts to The Wall Street Journal on Sunday that lawmakers could reach an agreement on the issue.

“I personally think it’s less than 50-50, but you have a lot of very good people on that board," Trump told the Journal, adding that another shutdown is "certainly an option."

TAGS DONALD TRUMP

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Fox News anchor defends colleagues after Trump criticism: ‘This is NOT right’

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...eagues-after-criticism-from-trump-this-is-not

Fox News anchor Julie Banderas on Monday fired back at President Trumpafter he tore into a pair of Fox News reporters over their coverage of the government shutdown.

“This is NOT right,” Banderas tweeted. “I stand by my colleagues [John Roberts] and [Gillian Turner]. They don’t deserve this. No reporter does.”

“They are doing their jobs and reporting the facts,” she continued. “They are not opinion journalists and deserve the respect from the [White House] they cover.”

The tweet came in response to a Sunday tweet from Trump that said Roberts and Turner “have even less understanding of the Wall negotiations than the folks at FAKE NEWS CNN & NBC!”

The president’s tweet targeted Roberts and Turner for their coverage of the border wall negotiations and came after Trump agreed on Friday to reopen the government after a 35-day partial shutdown. The funding lapse was triggered by Trump’s demands for more than $5 billion in border wall funding.

In the same tweet, Trump also pointed to a poll showing a 19 percent increase in support for him among Latino adults from December to January.

Trump regularly criticizes CNN, The New York Times and other outlets over coverage of his administration that he deems negative, referring to the reports as “fake news.”

But the jab at Fox News was rare for the president, who has appeared on the network for several interviews and often praises its hosts and ratings.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I posted this elsewhere, but makes more sense here... funny how now fox news is just now seeing what happens when you write something critical of trump...

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah she’s getting killed on Twitter. I give her props for saying something though, as I don’t expect most of their colleagues to say anything at all.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You have suffice.

Harrisment likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Fake ass mutha****as.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Bullying journalists is Trumpian. Trump has consistently ... took no prisoners.

CNN's Jim Acosta wonders if Fox News now has his back.

8. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Fox is much more legitimate than CNN. But it is not much better than say ABC, CBS etc.

Let the Breitbart revolution begin! :D

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's like Congressional GOP and Steve King: You guys just noticed the problem with this guy now?

And then there is this post:

So she's saying that it's ok for "opinion journalists" to lie for Trump regardless of the facts reported by real journalists?

Harrisment likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well opinion journalists aren't lying when they express their undying love for Trump...it's their opinion.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Well, maybe this will get fox news back on trump's good graces...

And...

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Apologies if y'all already posted this, but I haven't seen it. Two Scoops actually lashed out at the wrong Jillian Turner at first -- she's a high school student in rural northern California. :D

She's handling it well, but her twitter page has blown up a bit.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I dunno but for some reason my gym feels its necessary to have 28 different tv’s with FoxNews on at all times and they sure do still love Trump despite this little blip.

Or they just hate cover freshman Democrats. Good lord they are obsessed with AOC and Omar. They ran an entire A block on Omar Linking her with ISIS sympathy.... go figure.

Fox isn’t dropping Trump anytime soon from my vantage point.

vlaurelio and B-Bob like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

btw, welcome back B-Bob...:)

jcf likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

I guess trump was so mad at fox news, he went with his next choice... the daily caller. If he gets mad at the daily caller, I guess breitbart or infowars would be next on the list...

16. Buck Turgidson