1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Republican don't help people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jul 27, 2016.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, I'm not really concerned what you call yourself but it certainly seems you're backing Trump.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What is a liberal? What is a conservative? What is an independent? I see people who get upset at their party and start calling themselves independent but yet never change a thing they believe. How is it that the masses can make a gray issue so black and white?

I personally find myself aligned with traditional liberal beliefs in principle. I dislike the self centered demeanor of conservatives who feel they can do what they want with no regard to anyone else. However I respect they are honest about what they believe and I understand their view.

I often find liberal's who are entrenched in their beliefs to be very arrogant and condescending. Whether you're right or wrong, whether your 'facts' are accurate or not, it does not give one permission to belittle people and put them down simply because you disagree with them...and this comes from a group who preaches 'acceptance and tolerance (unless I disagree with you)'. I despise this attitude in anyone. This is what drives me to be anti-liberal. (see above post as a prime example)

3. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Generalization much?

Gray issue so black and white is horrible.

Gray people (or liberal) so black and white is just fine.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I think you're confused. You are putting down people.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Give us three to start.

I double dog dare you, no, I triple dog dare you, nay, I quadruple dog dare you.

EDIT: try starting with the current quote...please explain the context for us.

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let that sink in... Threads about the words coming out of the mouth of Trump himself. And none of them of any substance....

7. Major

Major Member

Just to clarify, you think the GOP candidate for President calling for a $10 minimum wage - something the GOP has fought extremely hard against - is not news? But that email servers being hacked is?

Do we just not care about issues or candidate views anymore?

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

1. Trump talked about how Saddam was horrible dictator and "a bad man" but at least kept the radicals in check. The media spun it into Trump being a fan of Saddam.

2. Trump disavows KKK and David Duke in an interview. The media's headline the next day, Trump struggles with the question.. (he didn't struggle)

3. Trump has his supporters raise their hand and promise to vote for him. The media: Are they doing the Nazi salute?

These 3 from the top of my head. There are plenty more, believe me.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Does it need its own thread? I believe there is a trump thread already ... or 50 of them. I didn't think so.

Or are you advocating we should start a new thread for every quote a candidate gives?

This is the dumbass homerism im talking about.

10. dmoneybangbang

Or just blissful ignorance that Trump supporting some issues that we as country wasted 8 years on because it doesn't sound as good from the colored man with a foreign sounding name.

Just remember Obama ran on the "system is rigged" in 2008 and a lot of clowns didn't listen and wasted 8 years.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Would you vote for Trump for the lulz?

12. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

He's not trolling, Space Ghost. that's just what some people tell themselves as a way to rationalize what they're watching. It's not an act. You are seeing the real deal, the full mental capacity of a man who has been this way for decades.

13. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

If it bother you so much, I suggest you ignore the thread and allow other to continue.

BTW, it was posted in both places.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

He's saying the culture of the Republican party has been against saying things that have to do with helping people for nothing in exchange.

That's true and I don't think most people who vote Republican agree with that culture anyway. I'm not sure why they are being thrown under the bus for what the party leaders have designed as the party message, sugar coated and fed to the conservative media as talking points.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Calling yourself anti-liberal and calling liberals "YOU LIBERALS" isn't really much of a stance on anything, now is it?

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

His disgust roots in liberal hypocrisy or ignorance of their hypocrisy. Probably because libertarians sometimes see themselves as pure inheriters of the liberal ideal