1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's telling how much our alt-right friends are staying quiet. They are showing how much they love Trump and are ok with all of this.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Continue to believe that it was the "alt-right" that put Trump in office. FACT is that Trump had ZERO support from MSM during the elections and won in a landslide. 92% chance of victory...

Nothing they spew now is of substance or value. Im just silently enjoying my cup of pathetic liberal tears...

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's not important but Trump didn't win in a landslide. He repeated this often and was called out for it in his last press conference. He lost the popular vote and has one of lowest electoral margin win. Bottom third in fact.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The electoral college elects the president...HE won by a landslide...but yea you know...it wasnt the largest landslide victory...it was a moderate landslide...hope this makes you feel a bit better.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Moderate landslide" is the best thing I've read on this forum in ages.

wouldabeen23 and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

anything to a fellow liberal clutchfan brethren sleep better at night...Trump "the boogie man" has made all of yall collectively sh.t the bed...

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

lol at your moral high ground after stating to sexually assault the first lady of the United States...

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

56% is a landslide?

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

My feeling isn't affected by this. Maybe your is?

It was in the bottom third. If you call that a landslide victory, which it isn't by definition and historic comparison, 2/3 of presidents won by a gigantic thumping.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

1. I agree that the "alt right" didn't do it. A lot of normal, unhappy Americans did it, for sure. But the sad part is the president has now installed some fringe Alt-Right people to represent the entire country. I think that's a mistake, for what it's worth.

2. Trump had ENORMOUS support from the MSM. They gave him 10x the coverage of all his primary competition combined and that's what literally made his political career fly. I think we all have to acknowledge that. He was more entertaining, so the media went after him like a drooling, obedient dog for about a year. But yes, in the general, they were more befuddled and terrified by his divisive language and they got more critical in the last months. That's true.

3. I've never understood "enjoying my cup of pathetic liberal tears." When my fellow citizens were in tears over Obama, I actually tried to talk with them, both relatives and Clutchfans citizens. I'm interested in dialogue and having our country work better for everyone. I'm not saying I'm So Superior in that way. I'm just trying to underline a contrast and ask if enjoying the tears of your fellow citizens is a good path for the future of America.

Cheers.

#90 B-Bob, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He did not win by a landslide. That is wrong. He won the 46th out 57th largest electoral victory. So 45 electoral college victories were larger than Trump's. That's not a landslide.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

How is it possible to say that Trump won in a landslide of any fashion, when, as pointed out, he's ranked 46/57. Trump is a idiot for saying that, but looks like you are an idiot for repeating it.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

You are the one not understanding this, any win by Trump by definition is a landslide victory. Educate yourself on this topic first.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'll be more specific, Cable News is an enemy of the American people. With their thirst for creating news to supply their 24/7 programming and their ratings wars, they've created the most recent uninformed and divided population despite their 24/7 news coverage. Their success has caused traditional respected news sources to join in this behavior, exasperating the problem exponentially. Cable News needs to die for American to live!

15. Indaface

Indaface Member

I can't blame cable news because people are too stupid to do their own research (or i guess our own president in this case) or are easily influenced by crap they see on tv/facebook newsfeeds and twitter.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So let me get this straight... CNN, Fox News, MSNBC et al are "enemies of the people", but ABC news, NBC news, CBS news, the New York Times and PBS are not enemies of the people? Just need to know Trump and his supporters have declared war on.

Though, seems like talk radio shows, bloggers, and people on Facebook seem to have an insatiable thirst and supply for the uniformed and divided population. Are they friends or foes?

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Don’t worry too much about whether Trump and the Russian leader are working together. Worry about what they have in common.

The media-bashing and outrageous statements. The attacks on rival power centers, whether stubborn federal judges or corporations refusing to get in line. The warnings, some of them downright panic-inducing, that the country is not safe — and we must go to war with Islamic extremists because they are threatening our way of life. These are the techniques that Mr. Putin used to great effect in his first years in power, and they are very much the same tactics and clash-of-civilizations ideology being deployed by Mr. Trump today.

America is not burdened with the history of tyranny and totalitarianism that haunts Russia. We have a 229-year record of success with constitutional democracy that should long outlive the Trump era. And while the trappings and powers attached to the “imperial presidency” Mr. Trump now wields have been growing ever since the historian Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr. popularized that phrase during the Nixon era, we also have robust counterbalancing institutions, like a free and independent press and a federal judiciary, that are already demonstrating a deep resistance to the kind of political steamroller techniques that Mr. Putin deployed so effectively in Russia.

Still, as I report from Washington now, it’s hard not to worry. When I moved to Moscow the year Mr. Putin became president, it was only a decade after the Soviet Union’s collapse. Many Russians still hoped their country would become more like the Western countries they had so recently been barred from even visiting. For all the popularity of Mr. Putin’s battle against what he belittled as the chaotic freedoms of the 1990s, I met many people in Russia who yearned for the time when they would take their place at the table of “normal,” stable democracies.

Who would have thought that, 17 years later, the question is not about Russia’s no-longer-existing democracy, but America’s?

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You got it all crooked. Cable news birthed today's diseased news landscape. Network news, traditional respected print news, radio, and social media news, have all been infected as they tried to keep up and parrot what Cable news is/was doing. The very idea of news 24/7 creates a content problem, there isn't enough that people care about, that has to be solved by creating controversy and making up/sensationalizing minor news.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article133822414.html

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member