1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. conquistador#11

just own it man. It happened. Many Republican leaders were appalled. Every religion came out against him, even Methodists. Flight attendants terrified.
    At least Creepy Steven Miller doesn't back down from acknowledging he was behind it. He knows what he is. The rest want to install terror by strong arming little children for a wall but are not tough enough to handle the back lash.

Invisible Fan and SF3isBack!! like this.
  2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You're right propaganda worked. Democrats love to use children as a political chess piece.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it was Trump who started using children as a chess piece.....

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's good that this mother and daughter are detained together, instead of being separated. Hopefully the father info is accurate, as he has not been able to spoke directly to his wife.

From the article, here is how the photo was taken and what the photographer saw. It's a good representation of kids reaction. It captures an instant of this kid fear. Now, this is just for a brief separation. Imagine the terror for a real separation. That's what thousands of kids have suffered through so far, and there would be so much more if Trump has not backed down.

Moore, who has worked on the border with Mexico for years and has won a Pulitzer for his photography, has said the the image of Yanela was the last one he took that night.

Speaking to People magazine he said that the girl's mother was the last to be searched and a female agent asked her to put Yanela down so she could pat her down.

Moore said: 'The mother hesitated and then set down the little girl and the child immediately started crying.

'As a father, it was very emotional for me just to hear those cries. When I saw this little girl break down in tears I wanted to comfort this child.

'But as a photojournalist we sometimes have to keep photographing when things are hard. And tell a story that people would never see.'

Moore crouched 6ft from the girl as she looked up at her mother and took seven shots, Yanela's mother's hands spread out on the Border Patrol truck.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Now, this is propaganda.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/sinclai...-reports-of-child-detention-were-exaggerated/

In the latest chapter of “Sinclair Spews Conservative Propaganda on Hundreds of Television Channels,” the media conglomerate forced its networks to air a segment claiming that the outcry over the Trump administration’s practice of separating children from their families and placing them in detention centers was largely just liberal histrionics.

The “must-run” segment, anchored by Sinclair Chief Political Analyst and former Trump adviser Boris Epshteyn, is slated to air on more than 100 Sinclair-owned or operated news stations across the U.S., Media Matters reports. Many of these are local news stations.

“Our immigration system is undeniably broken and the discourse around this topic is toxic,” Epshteyn says in the segment. “Many members of the media and opponents of the president have seized on this issue to make it seem as if those who are tough on immigration are somehow monsters.”

“Let’s be honest: While some of the concern is real, a lot of it is politically driven by the liberals in politics and the media,” he continues. “Some have even gone as far as comparing American immigration policies to the Holocaust.”

“The president is working to show that it is possible to balance humanity with security for our borders,” he adds. (No word on the president implementing that inhumane “zero tolerance” policy in the first place.)

Watch above, via YouTube.

EDIT: YouTube video pulled

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully, the father is correct that his daughter wasn't separated from the mother. However, this is a dad who didn't know where they were, so I'm not sure how he would know what happened once they got there.

I will say if the father is correct that would be the best news for this child. I hope he is correct, but I'm not going to say that it is definite as of yet.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

well Democrats have a long history of using kids, for example, they used kids to push gun control laws

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

that would be true except for the fact that the kids themselves and their parents are pushing for stronger gun control laws. not so sure that the kids being put in cages or their parents are advocating for a wall to be built lol.

9. conquistador#11

It would be like Japan telling
    You're admitting that the left is better at propaganda than the right? You don't even believe that.
    Which I feel is not the case at all. The left is not willing to stoop to the level that is required at times when it comes to propaganda. It's not a political chess piece when the whole world is watching a crisis that the wannabe fascists created themselves. Let's call them what they are. If you don't want to be labeled that then don't hire people in your entourage that admire it.

It is ok to admit it was a horrible blunder. I was Putin's biggest fan when he was coming up through the ranks. I also thought if the leftist party in my native motherland, one that is China & Putin friendly, could win the presidency, things could and would get better.

8 years later Nothing has changed. Sure there are more factories and jobs available but everyone still gets paid no more than $4 day.

Everyone's main concern should be getting these kids back to their mothers safely, beautifully and promptly!!

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

What makes a propaganda is when you have a photoshopped photo of a crying girl and the president looking down on her with the caption "welcome to America", especially after finding out that she was never separated from her mother. What do you think the Times cover is trying to do here? They're using propaganda to bring out negative emotion toward the president. They use children all the time to further their politics. They've done so many times.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

fox and friends must have gotten slammed for their earlier comments, so tried to backpedal... well, tried...

12. NewRoxFan

... and meanwhile, ducking the press again...

13. conquistador#11

I couldn't find the scene where George costanza avoids the break up by dodging the girl. I have failed.

14. adoo

adoo Member

Media is Trump's cocaine. he is addicted to it, without it, he can't exist

15. NewRoxFan

trump and shs ducking the press again today...

16. NewRoxFan

Correction, it appears the wh is trotting shs out there later today. (usually these happen around noon)...

17. NewRoxFan

18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Wop wop..

19. NewRoxFan

Wow, who knew Mari Bartiromo was such a hard-hitting journalist?

20. NewRoxFan

Interesting to watch fox news trump apologist brit hume in a squabble between media members. But even more interesting to watch hume/fox squabble with The Weekly Standard... one of the most respected conservative opinion news sites...