1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump lies: from "alternative facts" to "just kidding"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Aug 28, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Early on, when trump press secretary sean spicer got caught telling a trump lie about inauguration size, trump spokeswoman tried to spin the lying as "alternative facts."

New trump press secretary has a new spin on trump's constant lying... "just kidding."

foh likes this.
  2. foh

foh Member

I bet he said the same thing to his wife until he filed for divorce that is.

Only Trump and his pack of psychos knows which is a serious statement and which is a "hypothetical" and only 5-10 years later at that (or whatever the statute of limitations is in the jurisdiction in question)

Edit: The legality aspect of my comment is esp relevant given the washpo's report of Trump promising pardons for seizing private land unlawfully. Must be a real estate developer's wet dream.

#2 foh, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He ****ing lies - stop making excuses for him.

DD

4. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

The oldest douchebag move in the book is to offend, provoke, disrespect, be a shameless ass, and when you're finally called out, say "just kidding! Jeez."

The advanced form is to have a group of supporters and fans who have branded you a truth teller, because being endlessly cruel means you're 'telling it like it is.'

If the target tries to take the high road with non-response, keep pushing, elevate it, more disrespect, until you finally cross the line and your target responds and then say "look at this guy! So sensitive! Jeez, relax." And all the fans high-five.

Once a nuclear-level douche has reached a critical mass of supporters, it's win-win. If the target doesn't respond, you say "look at this chump, I'm pissing on him and he does nothing!" The fans rejoice. If the target punches back, you say "Just kidding! Jeez! You're obsessed with me." The fans rejoice.

5. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

I've posted this before, but it bears repeating:

A lot of Trump supporters are perfectly aware of how awful he is, though they may not admit it openly.

What a lot of his supporters are not aware of is that Trumps' deliberate ambiguity is a tactic.

Exaggerate. Say that "people are saying." Float random ideas. Float outrageous ideas. Frequently use violent imagery and language. Say something horribly, inexcusably offensive. Contradict yourself moments later. Cut yourself off. Mentally wander about.

Once you've won enough supporters, they will project their most favorable interpretation onto whatever you say. If you know in your heart it was an awful and/or stupid thing to say, then you simply explain it away by saying he didn't really mean it or he was joking.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is a prime example of how Trump's administration officials view Trump supporters. They view them as gullible idiots.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because they are.....at least a good number of them.....

DD

juicystream and TheRealist137 like this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read something a long time ago that recommended that whenever anybody says, "just kidding" you should act as though they are 100% serious and it will almost always provide insight into what they believe or desire but feel the need to hold back for whatever reason.

And more recently, I saw this quote from The Daily Stormer's writing guide:

Saying stuff and pretending you were joking if someone calls you out on it is actually a fundamental part of the documented crypto-nazi playbook from the mid-60's onward once they figured out that people would shun them if they dressed up in SS uniforms and goose-setepped around towns in the midwest. It's core to the "red pilling" playbook. They ease you into becoming a Nazi. Welcome to Kekistan.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

11. NewRoxFan

It wuld be interesting to see the "just kidding" defense tested in a court of law...

12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Anyone who would accept a pardon for this would be an idiot. Considering that most of the damages to those affected would be civil in nature, the pardon wouldn’t protect (and would probably harm) any of the recipients of the pardon since pardons don’t apply to civil cases.

If I’m a lawyer for those that have their land stolen from under them due to this border wall action, I’d be licking my lips and salivating about how much money I could make suing everyone involved.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Normal people -- when they see that in their new position people don't know when you're joking and take everything at your word -- would change their behavior so as to not be misunderstood or misconstrued. This guy says instead that he'll keep behaving the same and everybody else in the country should change.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

NSFW

[​IMG]

KingCheetah likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not a bad realization and nickname from his press secretary.

“Just kidding Trump”.

Mexico will pay for the wall said just kidding trump.

I lost 3-5billion for being president said just kidding trump.

The tax cuts is great for the working class said just kidding trump.

Trade war is good and easy to win said just kidding trump.

16. NewRoxFan

... fox news has evolved this to "exaggerations"...

No Worries likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Does KellyAnne Conway get a cut from the Orwell estate for boosting sales of "1984"?

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Almost 4 out of 10 Americans approve how great America is.

Winning...

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It was just a prank bro...