1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Fires Comey - Accepting Applications

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rashmon, May 10, 2017.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

There should at least be an acknowledgment thread...

Trump Announces 40-Month-Long Search To Fill FBI Director Post
    [​IMG]

WASHINGTON—Saying it was essential to fill the now vacant post with just the right person, President Trump announced Wednesday the start of a 40-month search to find a replacement for recently dismissed FBI director James Comey. “Whomever we appoint to run the agency must be someone of impeccable character and reputation, and finding this individual will inevitably take at least three and a half years,” said Trump, adding that it would be irresponsible to advance any open investigations until they could be overseen by a new FBI director at some point in the year 2020, though possibly at an even later date. “In fact, we must spend however many weeks, months, and years are required to find an appropriate candidate. Quantifying the time frame underestimates the difficult task at hand and the lengthy—one might even say indefinite—process to come.” Trump went on to say that given the difficulty of selecting the right successor, it was quite possible that the search would remain unfinished in his lifetime.

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

This is funny but I don't know if it's worth starting a new thread over a parody article from the Onion.

Anyway, I have to hope that the GOP senate would not confirm any hack appointee like Christie or Giuliani. South Carolina Republican Trey Gowdy is the popular candidate in conservative circles. He led the committee looking into Clinton's handling of the 2012 Benghazi attack and criticized the FBI for not charging Clinton in the email scandal.

His info and more from CNN:

#2 Brando2101, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

South Carolina and Republican are not positive words when talking law enforcement.

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Who has an undoubtedly close relationship with Jeff Sessions.

CometsWin likes this.
  5. CometsWin

I guess Trump needs more yes men who won't hurt his feelings by doing their jobs.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No way on Giuliani, Christie, or Gowdy. All three's histories going after Clinton would eliminate them and any ethical republican would see that as Trump's attempt to refocus this as a prosecution of Clinton. Any candidate would have to be relatively non-partisan and have a law-enforcement history (and those folks suggesting David Clarke... OMG).

7. CometsWin

Clarke would be special.

Trump: Hey, what about that black guy that likes me?
    Sessions: I didn't know there was one.
    Trump: The blacks love Trump.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. conquistador#11

agent Dana scully has a medical degree and will be pleasing to the eyes.

(i bet that's actually going through the donald's mind. I'd be disappointed if it wasn't)

justtxyank likes this.