1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Expected to Pull Out of Paris Climate Agreement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dobro1229, May 31, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Timely article from France:

How Broken is America's Democracy
    http://www.euronews.com/2017/06/01/how-broken-is-american-democracy

No Worries likes this.
  2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Mostly African nations, India, China and Brazil. We are only 5% of the population, but contribute to 25% of the pollution.

The long term health risks are a bigger threat to America than the risk of jobs. Like others have posted earlier, the man exists to undermine the previous administration. So do we want to keep going down this rabbit hole of one administration undermines the previous one, over and over again? Does that really make things better?

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. WNBA

WNBA Member

You may want your brain checked because it made sense to 7 billion people but you.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

My god, we have fallen so far.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

China is enjoying this.

It's like playing a game like Civilization, but one of the leaders is on 'Settler'.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Again, you're smarter than that. What portion of it are you arguing? The impact or the existence of it? I hate to tell you, it exists. The science behind that is sound.

Now what comes of it, I will gladly read any scholarly work you can recommend and we can talk about what the impact of rising temperatures would be. In fact, I might enjoy that.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny that you think that many people had any clue of what the actual deal was or that they supported the deal. People who were going to struggle to keep the lights on due to this deal may be among those who think they support the deal, but had it actually been implemented they'd have hated it.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not arguing anything about global warming, I'm talking about the religion that has sprung up around it.

12. NewRoxFan

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Religion implies faith with no proof. Belief without confirmation. What part of this do you see as that?

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

who is forcing these countries to obey these environmental policies? They can bail just like us if they don't like the terms.

I understand you believe this, but lets say you held Trump's view that this doesn't help the economy and hurts American jobs. Would you support Trumps actions.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Can we drop a MOAB on global warming?

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Clearly bobby is talking about the "religion" of climate change denial propagated by fox news and the republican party.

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

The deal has already been implemented . Where is the hatred toward the deal, especially from the "People who were going to struggle to keep the lights on" ???

Any?

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Difference between US and Nicaragua pulling out; despite being an incredibly poor country, Nicaragua is actually moving towards renewable energy at a very fast rate and is aiming for 90% renewable by 2020. They were concerned about a lack of enforcement and the fact that it did not differentiate between countries who did not emit much CO2, and the major countries who are driving climate change (USA, China, etc).

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The science says that the climate of the earth changes and is changing, the religion says that we can set the temperature of the earth like a thermostat by screwing over the US economy or whatever other policy is pushed under the name of combating climate change. The details are always irrelevant to those in the religion.

The idea is that the US pulling out of this agreement will cause the world's climate to change more than it would have if they were a part of the agreement even though there's not really any proof of that especially considering that not joining other agreements like Kyoto didn't mean that the US didn't end up going by those standards anyway.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Yes If he had not pulled out the Paris agreement.