1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump cabinet selections and appointments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 18, 2016.

1. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

So glad to get rid of all these political insiders. Trump be draining the swamp 4 reals yo!

2. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Obama was just a disaster of a president who accomplished nothing. The faster Trump cleans house the better, right? Seriously, we'd be better with a monkey in the role than what Obama would put in there.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

#maga What an idiot

The extraordinarily disruptive turnover in the Trump administration’s senior staff has officially reached the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The White House, having already cycled through one CDC director, has named its second: Robert Redfield, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel and former University of Maryland opioids and AIDS researcher.

He is exactly the wrong person for the job. Amid an exploding influenza epidemicacross the United States, an opioids crisis that has decreased the statistical life expectancy of Americans, and a budget crisis that twice compelled closure of critical laboratory and disease-fighting services, the CDC desperately needs a leader who can promise stability and expertise. Redfield represents the opposite; he is someone whose track record in HIV research and public health policy has been a scientific and moral failure.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Speaking of monkeys... did you know several species along with primates are believed to have entered the stone age?

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Duh.

[​IMG]

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

White House chaos jeopardizes war on ISIS, U.S. commanders warn
    “We’re on the two-yard line,” one U.S. special forces commander told NBC News. “We’re that close and now it’s coming apart.”
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...pardizes-war-isis-u-s-commanders-warn-n859966

7. NewRoxFan

This guy is trump's lead on the economy...
    Peter Navarro says Trump’s trade policies are ‘good for the market,’ but economists aren’t buying it
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/03/pet...he-market-but-economists-arent-buying-it.html

8. NewRoxFan

9. Buck Turgidson

Other than her terrifying initial answer, my favorite part is..."I cannot answer that, because my boss may feel otherwise."

Mother****er, you are up for a federal judgeship, your boss is the ******* constitution and judicial precendent.

Invisible Fan, JeffB, Amiga and 3 others like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

I wonder how long it will take to fix the damage trump is causing. Unfortunately the damage he is causing to the judiciary is permanent...

Trump nominates to federal court a former official who refused to sue Trump University
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...rmer-deputy-texas-ag-who-refused-to-sue-trump

11. NewRoxFan

Aide Ousted From White House Re-emerges at Justice Dept.
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/...ice-department-national-security-adviser.html

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish this Ezra Cohen-Watnick thing would get more publicity.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This is why I'm on my 4th time through The West Wing since Nov 2016. I get to drift into a world where there are competent, well meaning, experienced, and ethical people running the country.

15. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...I think, unfortunately, part of the consequence of not "normalizing this administration"...by reporting everything that goes on (which is the right thing to do, in principle and as a matter of practicality)...

...has had a partially unintended side-effect of making the irrational, stupid, vacuous or malicious somberly routine.

It is hardly becoming a surprise (and therefore, "newsworthy" in our current vernacular) that gross incompetence, coupled with banal fealty and unscrupulousness, is the order of the day for Donald Trump.

It is not at all unlike how he has operated his business ventures overmuch, I would imagine. You stick to what you know.

And whoever held out hope that Donald Trump would somehow rise to the occasion of the job he never really wanted to win...and subsequently has proven, a job he is almost certainly not at all capable of doing with any degree of conscious aptitude...

...is probably well and truly pleased by all of this.

The challenge will be, for those of us smart enough to know better and concerned enough to care, to not become wearied by the amount of dung we're going to have to sift through and shovel aside whenever this ridiculousness with Donald Trump's presidency ends.

I doubt that this is, or should be seen as, "publicity", FranchiseBlade, inasmuch as we have almost now no discernible distinction between "fame" and "infamy" in public discourse.

At one point in time in this country, I gathered, there was a thing called news reporting that had nothing to do with how popular or entertaining a subject was. And if the American experiment, as we have known it, is to survive (past Donald Trump's incursion), I think we are all going to have to learn that there's a difference between what sells and what works.

That's not going to be easy...this is America, after all...so sometimes it's not so much about what you're selling as it is what people are buying...

...I'd probably guess that correlates to what is truth and what is fiction...and subsequently brings us to decide how it is we wish to govern ourselves.

The challenge for the 21st century will be not to simply separate truth from fiction, or highlight the eventuality of consequence...but to decide which is the better option for our survival, and then commit to it fully, even at the expense of notoriety.

I think we've all seen how good greed is...

#1195 mdrowe00, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    JeffB and Rashmon like this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Trump could never be on West Wing because he cannot walk and talk at the same time.

17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...and Trump's hair can't hold a torch (ouch) to Martin Sheen's coiffure...

18. NewRoxFan

Pompeo's answer to the direct question: Did [Trump] ask you to do anything as it relates to that [Russia] investigation?

This is what Dan Coats, also in that meeting, said last year:

TRUMP ASKED INTELLIGENCE CHIEFS TO INTERVENE IN COMEY’S RUSSIA INVESTIGATION: REPORT
    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-asked...top-comeys-russia-investigation-report-622229

19. NewRoxFan

In what seems like a big "whoops!" moment...

JeffB likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

Corruption runs throughout the trump administration... and no surprise, in the FCC...

Broadband advisor picked by FCC Chairman Ajit Pai arrested on fraud charges
    Elizabeth Pierce allegedly tricked investors into pouring $250 million into a fiber optic scheme by forging revenue agreements
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/16/17245010/elizabeth-pierce-fraud-charges-bdac-fcc-ajit-pai

JeffB and FranchiseBlade like this.