1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump cabinet selections and appointments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

pirc1 likes this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have nothing against Mattis, he actually seems great, but wtf did Mattis do here? The battle for Mosul was fought by Iraqi forces. The US provided air support (pretty limited once it got urban), logistical support, intelligence and advice, and have been since long before Mattis came on. Credit to Mattis for giving the Iraqis a thumbs up and saying "keep up the good work!"

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. NewRoxFan

I actually think Mattis is one of Trump's best cabinet elections... if not the best. And this isn't to take credit away from Mattis, but to suggest that there were more than one reason why success was achieved in Mosul...

Isis were defeated in Mosul because of Barack Obama's training strategies, says Pentagon official
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...y-coalition-air-strike-training-a7834196.html

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Trump being Trump. He attacks his acting FBI Director and his Attorney General for "being soft on Hillary Clinton." He accuses his Acting FBI Director (worse, the wife of his Acting FBI Director) of donating $700k to Hillary Clinton's campaign which as usual is a lie by Trump:

He is pressuring his Attorney General (who was the first US Senator to endorse Trump btw) to resign in large part because Trump is butthurt that his AG recused himself to avoid further incrimination from his own dealing with Russians. And allows Giulani's name to be floated out as a replacement while his AG is still in the position... which causes Giulani to have to make a statement that he is not a candidate.

Embarrassing that Trump is so disloyal to his own administration. No wonder so many are already thinking of quitting (McMasters, Tillerson) if they haven't already quit (Spicer).

7. NewRoxFan

While no fan of Sessions (who I have clearly listed as one of Trump's weakest appointees and one of the worst AG's of all time)... Trump's reasons for wanting to have Session resign (in such an evil and cowardly manner) will also disrupt the rest of his cabinet who must all wonder whether Trump will go after them. Such a sh*tstorm of an administration... no wonder we don't have a functional government.

Scaramucci says it's 'probably' correct Trump wants Sessions gone
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ts-probably-correct-trump-wants-sessions-gone

8. NewRoxFan

9. Buck Turgidson

I've been asking this since he was elected...why would anyone with any gravitas and qualifications (excluding the DoD guys who have an ingrained sense of loyalty to country) want to work for this guy?

I mean, for ****'s sake, he just nominated a sycophant talk show host with ZERO qualifications to be the head scientist at the USDA. Google Sam Clovis if you're interested.

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Because some people want to justify the election of Trump,so they are willing to work for him.

11. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Trump is a buffoon, and an incompetent one. Right now it is not even funny anymore.

When democrats are back to power, I just hope they will be easy on my tax and fix the cost of ******* Obamacare. But I am not holding my breath.

12. pirc1

Was Clinton hard on your tax? How about Obama?

13. NewRoxFan

Tiny steps... republicans speaking out against Trump.

GOP lawmaker: Trump attacks on Sessions beneath ‘any held office’
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...p-attacks-on-sessions-beneath-any-held-office

14. NewRoxFan

More tiny steps..."highly inappropriate"? Or an action of obstruction of justice?

Graham defends Sessions: Trump tweets 'highly inappropriate'
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...rump-criticism-he-believes-in-the-rule-of-law

15. JuanValdez

After he won, Trump said he didn't want to prosecute Clinton after all. Now he does again?

16. pirc1

So? That is just typical Trump, if there is a position, he was for it at one time in his life.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

With each passing day, Trump is looking more and more like a crazed despot. He is as bad as I feared he may turn out, and we are just 6 months in.

CometsWin and NewRoxFan like this.
  18. pirc1

It is a good thing we have checks and balances in this country, we should keep him in power for four years to warn of future generations what could happen after an election. He won't be able to go Hitler or little Kim on us because the military would not carry out those types of orders, at least that is what I hope.

19. JuanValdez

It's alright. I'd actually like to see the AG do an investigation of Clinton for whatever. I would like to get an authoritative conclusion to the supposed Clinton Foundation funny business, for example. Right now, it seems to be established fact in the minds of Trumpers that Clinton was selling favors. If it's true, I certainly don't want her getting away with it. If it isn't true, I'd like to stop hearing innuendo that it is. Sic the CIA on her and let's have it out.

20. NewRoxFan

Tillerson "taking time off"...

State Department says Secretary Tillerson is 'taking a little time off' amid tensions in the White House
    http://www.businessinsider.com/state-department-says-tillerson-is-taking-a-little-time-off-2017-7