1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump cabinet selections and appointments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 18, 2016.

1. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Did he? I guess you read the information he presented in an effort to check all his statistics?

What exactly are you contributing to this discussion?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I guess you are butthurt being called out in this thread. I understand, you are embarrassed, and you thought your bullying approach would cover your embarrassment. It didn't though. Obviously.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Again man, I can't make you read the pdf. I linked you where I got my stats from. It's on you to read it if you decide to. To say I'm pulling stats from my butt when I directly link you where I got my stats from is asinine. I even linked it way back in post #370 on page 19 and you glossed over it when we first were discussing this topic. I linked it a second time because you said I was making stuff up and it's like you refuse to click on links. I can't read it for you.

#403 London'sBurning, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    NewRoxFan likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I can not or am unable to read in a topic that I'm interested enough to participate in, London'sBurning.

Do you have an audio tape version, or a Sesame Street youtube link that bulletpoints the facts I need to win an argument?

London'sBurning likes this.
  5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Trump nominates Robert Lighthizer as his U.S. Trade Representative. Lighthizer was formerly the Deputy US Trade Representative under Reagan and he is now a partner at a major D.C. law firm who specializes in trade litigation. He has been critical of China for "rigging" trade in its favor, and also of our government for enabling the Chines to do so.

As quoted from the article below, Lightinger wrote: “How does allowing China to constantly rig trade in its favor advance the core conservative goal of making markets more efficient? Markets do not run better when manufacturing shifts to China largely because of the actions of its government.”

It is hard to say which of Trump's more provacative campaign promises he really intends to keep at this point, but it does appear clear that he intends to keep the one about taking on the Chinese and their biased trade policies.

6. dmoneybangbang

We already have imposed tariffs on China for dumping products FYI. China has been dumping steel and almost every developed country has slapped tariffs on china FYI.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The West have been pretty lenient with China in hopes of cracking its domestic markets. There's some interesting lines in that quote such Trump's promise in taking down TPIP when TPIP was designed to contain China's trade "rigging", and assigning blame on the shift in manufacturing to the government.

I'm more interested in seeing their reasoning for blaming the government and I hope their answer isnt more micromanaged wink wink Carrier style deals.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. Nook

Nook Member

What have you contributed to ANY discussion on this board?

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look, some folks have their own narrative they are playing, and facts that get in the way of that narrative will be and have been ignored.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You are way out on this one. London's Burning posted stats and linked to them. He also mentioned where they came from. I'm not sure why you keep responding like this. Best just to admit you got this one wrong, and move on.

London'sBurning likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

14. dmoneybangbang

15. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Those two articles may be the least surprising news I've ever heard.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

That could help explain why they didn't have time to complete ethics disclosures

18. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Four score and seven years ago - Monica Crowley