1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump accomplishments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 23, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So true... today's societal view of and support of family leave is much advanced (and an area I am a strong supporter of Ivanka and hopefully her father). I needed to take off weeks from work when my oldest was born (she was born with transposition of the great vessels and required heart surgery at Lucille Packard Hospital at Stanford). While the loss of vacation (and unpaid leave) was a challenge, the ability to be there around the clock, and later when she came home from the hospital was something I couldn't assign a dollar value to.

Astrodome and cml750 like this.
  2. cml750

cml750 Member

When they go off to college, graduate, and then move on it is bittersweet. Sweet in that you know you did your job and they have grown up to become successful and bitter in that they have moved out and moved on. We have struggled with a little bit of empty nest syndrome. It helps right now that my daughter is home from A & M for the summer but she is so busy we hardly see her.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

Well thank the good Lord that your daughter must have overcome that illness to grow up to become a successful young woman. I can definitely see how that would have been a big struggle to take off for a long time back then.

Astrodome likes this.
  4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

In order for Trump to have at least one accomplishment in this thread I'm going to count the last several bi-partisan family posts as a Trumpkin accomplishment. Bringing Clutchfans together. Kudos.

MexAmercnMoose and dobro1229 like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

6. NewRoxFan

Dallas News op ed lists out Trump's achievements in the first six months. The result: the least support for any new modern president, an exacerbation of domestic divisions, and unprecedented global disdain and embarrassment.

Let's outline Trump's achievements during his first six months in office
    Foreign Affairs:
    Domestic policy:
    Institutional
    https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...e-trumps-achievements-first-six-months-office

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Mr. trump has done a lot of damage during his short time in office, damage discussed here many times. The only accomplishment I can think of, and it isn't the economy, since that's still almost entirely due to President Obama's policies, would be what I would consider a negative, but some of his supporters may not - that's getting a far-right 49 year old justice on the Supreme Court. Even then, trump doesn't really deserve the credit. The "credit" should go to McConnell for breaking with tradition by not even scheduling hearings on Obama's superb choice, the deeply experienced moderate Federal judge, Merrick Garland.

Know what? McConnell's outrageous partisan act will come back to bite Republicans in the arse. What is good for the goose will certainly be good for the gander. It didn't have to be that way, but it is now, and it is entirely due to GOP partisanship promoted by Republican leadership in Congress and by Mr. trump.

8. Rashmon

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Trump is a complete failure, no other way to put it. I can sort of understand the people who voted for him. The people who still support him after all of this? You are all idiots through and through.

Amiga, fchowd0311 and Rashmon like this.
  10. conquistador#11

future tweet:
    "I would totally have more accomplisbgvetz if the dems weren't obstructionists" #obstructionists #faketan #doesPutinstilllikeme?, #IneedtorewatchI'mjustabill

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That's fake

Astrodome likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Well, here's an accomplishment that Trump claimed during CBN interview: "I've gotten rid of the Johnson Amendment … I signed an executive order so that now ... ministers and and preachers and rabbis and whoever it may be, they can speak. You know, you couldn’t speak politically before, now you can."
    — Donald Trump on Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 in a CBN interview

[​IMG]

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ump-claims-he-got-rid-johnson-amendment-true/

13. NewRoxFan

OK, then lets try this accomplishment... We’ve signed more bills — and I’m talking about through the legislature — than any president ever.”
    — President Trump, remarks at a “Made in America” event, July 17, 2017

Shortly after the president made this statement, he amended it: “I better say ‘think,’ otherwise they’ll give you a Pinocchio. And I don’t like those — I don’t like Pinocchios.”

We always appreciate it when politicians acknowledge our Pinocchio ratings. And President Trump has certainly earned his fair share. So, even with his caveat, is he close to correct?

Um... no. Not even close.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ls-than-any-president/?utm_term=.003c4d63b2bf

14. Rashmon

[​IMG]

#74 Rashmon, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

not fake news...stop it!

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

With the pathetically low number of cabinet nominations and appointments (typical swampy payback couple with Trump and co being dysfunctional with having a low number of nominees), maybe it's not a stretch for Trump to appoint some czars?

Of course, he has a Number One czar in mind, and I hear his English is impeccable after a few shots of vodka.

17. NewRoxFan

"Chinese proverb. One picture is worth ten thousand words."

[​IMG]

Something. Anything.

B-Bob and London'sBurning like this.
  18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Needed a good laugh. That's hilarious. Imagine doing nothing for 6 months on the job and telling your boss eventually you'll get something done.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He made SNL funny again.

20. adoo

adoo Member

Trump's has made ObamaCare more popular than when O was in office.