1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump accomplishments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 23, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Trump is calling this week... "Made in American Week". MAGA!!

No Worries likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If only his campaign had used made in America opposition research and dirt. :oops:

No Worries, pirc1 and NewRoxFan like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Job growth is always good... and Trump takes claim to growing jobs...

That said, Obama left Trump a growing job market, and...

4. NewRoxFan

Trump has succeeded in getting his own place on Ladbrokes betting odds site (fyi: not promoting betting, just for entertainment purposes only)

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/...us-elections/donald-trump-specials/225147663/

5. NewRoxFan

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Triple post bonanza brought to you by NewRoxFan 2017

7. NewRoxFan

No one is forcing you to read them but your own interest. But here are easy-to-follow instructions... you can click on my user name on any post, and the fourth option in red is "Ignore". Voila... your opinions about Trump will be safe.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Don't worry. I dont have to hit ignore to skip over your propaganda. Keep it coming.

9. NewRoxFan

That's almost Trump-like...counting my posts, then claiming you skip over my "propaganda.". But good to know you will keep my readership numbers up there.

10. NewRoxFan

Here Trump takes credit (also repeated by Pence) for opening up beef trade with China. Which is a great accomplishment.

But credit should also go to the efforts of George Bush and President Obama for getting China to agree...

https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2016/09/22/china-moves-reopen-market-us-beef

btw, China placed a ban on US beef as a result of a mad cow disease case in 2003.

11. B-Bob

I hope he does keep it coming. He posts a lot of interesting finds and is not at all spamming. Compared to most posters, including me, he has an incredibly high actual content rate, and he doesn't just post links with zero commentary either.

It's not his fault nobody has any rebuttal to his points other than complaining that he posts a lot. He probably has more content in one page of one thread than some of our more repetitive political clown accounts here have in their entire BBS careers. I won't name names, b/c obvious.

But, I do sympathize with you. I watched deranged Obama haters on here for many years, and it was... sad! some of those posters don't appear anymore and they may be in asylums somewhere.

12. B-Bob

Beef, which I love but have given up, is really and truly terrible as a use of land on Earth. Highest water to lb of food ratio, and then there's the methane. I mean, hooray for Omaha, but I think this idea of getting more Chinese people to start eating beef is bad for our species and the planet both. That's just my take based on the data.

But it's so damned tasty that it was bound to happen as their economy continues to grow anyway. Probably no way to stop it.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I dont mind his posts. I read a couple of his his links weekly. I also like to poke the bear occasionally. I actually wish I had more time to post rebuttals but this job and 3 week old baby girl is taxing me. It is all in good fun at the end of the day.

NewRoxFan, cml750 and B-Bob like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Politics aside... congrats on the baby girl. I have two daughters (23 and 19) and both our the best things that ever happened to my wife and I. You are blessed and hopefully you continue to focus more on your daughter than all this political stuff.

cml750 and Astrodome like this.
  15. B-Bob

Wow! Baby girl and no man-ternity leave: you da real MVP.

cml750 and Astrodome like this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Ha, actually i was off for a couple of weeks but now I am working for a couple of weeks before I take one month off for paternity. I am very thankful my company offered it. It was actually a surprise but I was saving up my vacation time in anticipation.

B-Bob likes this.
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

Congrats on the little one. They change your life in ways you could never imagine.

Astrodome likes this.
  18. cml750

cml750 Member

I have a 23 year old and a twenty year old. I concur on children being the best thing to happen to my wife and I also. My 23 year has graduated from college, moved to Houston, and got a real job in the last year. I am very proud of him. My daughter will be starting here senior year at Texas A & M even though it will be only her third year there. I am extremely proud of her also. While we may be180 degrees apart in politics, we do have our love for our children in common. Peace!!

NewRoxFan likes this.
  19. cml750

cml750 Member

Your are fortunate. Companies didn't used to offer those type of benefits when my children were born.

20. NewRoxFan

And you are blessed as well, and congrats to both your daughters (and to you... parenting is hard work, and you have obviously been a great father and role model). My oldest graduated magna c*m laude from Sam with a BA in Political Science (no surprise, eh), just completed a paralegal certificate from UofH this summer, and starts on her masters in homeland security this fall. My youngest will start on a pharmacy degree at Texas State this fall as well. They take after their mom... smart, hardworking, very involved in church and in National Charity League.

And yes, we share our love and pride in our kids. Thanks for sharing info on yours.

B-Bob, Astrodome and cml750 like this.