1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump’s hidden tax returns take on new significance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Nevermind, first hit on Google shows that Nixon released his while under audit. Which also means tax return releases go back further than 1978.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Let me do what you cannot:

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

No need to get upset. My question was posed to auditors here on this board. I can copy things from Google all day long, but then I'd just be having a discussion with myself, and that's not fun.

You didn't even bother answering my question in the way it was posed. I am asking for auditors opinions, not law professors or the IRS. We all know it's not required by law and that nothing in law forbids the release while being under audit. I even shared that Nixon shared his while under audit.

I am specifically looking to hear from an auditor if there is ANY legitimacy to that claim.

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No, it's not, and it would have zero impact.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Anyone who can influence tax laws should be forced to disclose tax information to avoid conflicts of interest. Make that a law and we might actually get some honest folks running for president.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Are you an auditor? Could you elaborate why?

I don't know crap about audits or tax returns. I do the basic standard deduction and usually get $1 back. Yah, they send me a check for $1. In fact, in 2012, I didn't cash the check and kept it as a souvenir and this year they sent me ANOTHER $1 check along with my tax return for this year.

What information shows in a tax return? Charity donations, income, what else? What information would show on a tax return that wouldn't be on a financial disclosure form?

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude, your playing dumb game doesn't work. Saw it in the cartoon thread as well.

Oh, you won't be able to figure out this issue until someone on ClutchFans (who claims to be an auditor) finally gives you the real information. . . . What other information do you rely on ClutchFans for? Wait, I'm sorry: you do know the real information, you just want to chat with an auditor "for fun."

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Isn't that the purpose of the financial disclosure form?

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The only reason for a audit to hold up the release is fear of IRS changes, which would bring accusations of tax fraud.

I think he isn't releasing them because they will paint a picture of him not being as rich as he claims to be.

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Again, no need to get upset. I'm not playing dumb. I really am dumb when it comes to taxes and finances. It's not my area of expertise. So yah, I could google and read a bunch of different articles, but I come to Clutchfans to DISCUSS...that would be why I am in the Debate and DISCUSSION section. So I am here yes to specifically here from CLUTCHFAN members.

I don't know why this offends you so much. Why are you so bothered by the quest for answers?

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Also, I don't know what cartoon thread you're talking about. I don't remember everything I post.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You're just so full of question! This is your ClutchFans persona, which is totally unconvincing.

[​IMG]

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I really don't understand why you're getting so upset. Very strange indeed.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm not upset. I just wish you would gather some information on your own, instead of relying on ClutchFans to do your research for you. It's not "fun" to supply information to lazy posters.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Why? Why does it bother you that I ask Clutchfans a specific question? I can't engage with an article found on Google. I can't respond with follow up questions to try and understand the issue. I'm sorry that I don't read a few articles and then draw a line in the sand. I come to this forum with a relatively open mind and I try to hear from different perspectives and engage in discussion.

You seem to prefer people who have an opinion already and argue their opinion. You seem to enjoy the debate more than the discussion. That's fine, still no reason to personally attack me, but hey, that's your preoperative.

You might wish to ignore me, because I'm not done asking questions about this issue or any other issue that peaks my curiosity. I hope you can get over that.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

fixed.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, not the ignore button, but just ignore your requests for info. Yes I will. Do your own research from now on.

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

So hillary should just release the transcripts from those wall street speeches and force trumps hand,not gonna happen because they are both crooked slimeballs

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

no that form has voluntary info and non-standard. numbers can be ambiguous and are not fact-checked.

20. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been "waiting" for media coverage to build on this issue.

But we know, after seeing Trump get something like 2 billion dollars of free media coverage, that news networks see him as a ratings boom, so they aren't likely to try to do anything that may deep six his campaign. And FoxNews is FoxNews. They don't really want to hurt their party. So we will see. Seems all conventional news reporting, analysis, and behavior doesn't apply to Trump.