1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Truck Driver vs Police Officer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ChumpCity, Jun 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Truck Driver Wins!! Going to start recording footage if/when pulled over in the future.....for sure.

Apologies if posted somewhere else....didn't see it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SK8rJNPz328?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

Almost want to say that's fake. I don't believe most cops would put up with someone so confrontational, and then eventually just bend over.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That was awesome!

I wonder what HPD has to say about that.

4. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

I thought about that at first. Then again, if you were the police officer and knew you were in the wrong, and have been recorded....you may consider changing your tune.

Saw the original article on ABC13.com. You know what they say, if its on the internet-- It has to be true!

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Hehe, once he knows he's recorded.

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He changed his tone once he knew he was being recorded. He wouldn't write him a ticket because he does not want to be stuck in a lie in court

1 person likes this.
  7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

To the cops credit once he went back to his car and thought it over he took the high road. How many of these do we see where the cop is obviously wrong, knows he was being recorded and escalates the situation regardless.

The cop clearly started out as an ass and was clearly wrong. Glad the trucker won.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Damn shame, cop did the right thing even if he gave him a ticket.

9. Roc Paint

HPD must have changed his/her handle. ;)

10. rudan

rudan Member

I'd crush the know it alls camera up and throw the guy in jail. I hate know it alls :mad:

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You sound like a perfect Police recruit.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Truck driver seems like kind of a douche. As soon as the cop dropped his guard, the truck driver was still acting like a douche.

Had it been me, I would've taken the high road and eased up a bit once the cop realized he was wrong -camera or no camera. No need to pile on.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Minorities on the other hand:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uj0mtxXEGE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Thankfully you are not a cop because that is an unlawful abuse of power.

Same here. I probably would have eased up given the guy a handshake and just carried on with my day.
    To be fair the truck driver was intentionally trying to catch a cop, any cop, off guard with the horn and then try to get a huge reaction on camera.
    Can't tell if the cop was mugging it up for the camera or was genuinely just trying to be nice, lol.

15. Roc Paint

Btw, I personally know a lot of police officers, there are some who are my friends, and there are some I would love to beat the **** out of.

16. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

And then you would be immediately turning in your badge, he didn't break any laws.....at least any that are worthy of a jail offense.

A Police Officer's job is to uphold the law, not act as though they are above it.

17. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

If it was the other way around and the truck drive admitted he was in the wrong would the cop have forgiven him and started acting friendly? I'd guess the majority of cops would continue to be hard asses...plus they would have most likely still given the driver a ticket. All this cop got was a stern talking to for breaking the law. Pretty good deal for him if you ask me (well, at least until the video came out).

Plus, the cop's "I don't remember using the phone," what was it...five minutes ago? Doesn't seem to be really owning up to it, so I'm glad the dude kept piling on.

1 person likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No easing up. Cops should be held to a higher standard than regular folks. Even though they're just regular folks. If they can carry a gun and shoot things they better ****ing do everything by the book.

1 person likes this.
  19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Exactly. The cop only owned up to his actions as much as he had to in order to not get himself into deep trouble. Before the cop went back to his car (most likely to consult his boss or a colleague about his options) he was a total jerk to the trucker. The cop did everything he could to find a reason to ticket the guy. Had the trucker not recorded the entire situation you can be sure he would have, at best, received a ticket (for nothing) and, at worst, been arrested on trumped up charges like resisting a police officer. The trucker’s livelihood could have been destroyed because this pig thought he was above the law and then got pissed for being called out by someone he is sworn (and paid) to serve.

I hope the trucker went another step and reported the entire incident to as many people as possible within whatever law enforcement organization this cop works for.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The trucker really took the ultimate step by posting the video to YouTube -- the news picked up the story and now it's going viral. The only reason that cop got so nice was a hope that this very thing wouldn't happen -- he realized he was screwed (who knows who he was talking to) and really tried to bribe the trucker by giving him the passing inspection which 'will look good on his record'.