1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Kizer

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Kizer is going to get ruined starting for the Browns. In the second preseason game, he was panicking at the blitz. He was getting hit constantly, and it was messing with him. He was rattled.

And that was against second stringers.

Mahomes, as much as I wanted him, has not been terribly impressive to me. Playing against third stringers definitely makes him look better. He's basically playing the equivalent of the Big 12. Wait till he starts playing better defenses and starts making those across the body throws. He's got more accuracy issues than Watson because his footwork is just crazy. His plus plus arm talent just makes up for it at times.

I'll gladly stick with Watson. He has the "it" factor. He's learning the toughest offense of the four. He's on a better team. A more run heavy team.

Trubisky and Watson are the two guys teams will wish they have from this draft.

#41 Two Sandwiches, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    zeeshan2 likes this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Will be interesting to track everyone's career and compare.

Time is real

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Never noticed how far Mahomes drops back on his passes. He's a good 5-7 yards back everytime. Dropped back 11 yards from under center at the 2:41 mark. Has the arm strength to make up for it but also looks like he's throwing off his back foot a lot.

4. HstnSprtsFan101

Browns have a good OL with good RB's & a serviceable WR core with Britt & Coleman. Idk if I'm buying that excuse anymore.

Mahomes was playing against some of the Seahawks starters last night. I know Wagner was on the field for a little. Definitely more than 3rd stringers

5. MystikArkitect

Yes because it's just the preseason. Needs to be taken with multiple grains of salt. Multiple rookie QBs have looked good because it's just the preseason.
    This is going to be a problem against 1st string safeties and corners. Threw across his body on his 1st completion which is a move only Aaron Rodgers can do well.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

5/15 84 yds INT

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kizer and Trubisky have real offenses to work with, with OLs that provide protection and guys getting open down field

I have been critical of Watson but don't think he's this bad.

I think a significant part of the problem is OBrien

Cstyle42 and whag00 like this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

I watched the "every play by" Deshaun Watson from the Saints game and his accuracy was much better, especially on the long throws. He is a smart guy who works on his game.

whag00 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I watched Trubisky live yesterday and was not that impressed. He had time behind the line, as well.

I watched Kizer live, and was not that impressed. He had a lot of pressure in his face and panicked.

I've seen every snap Watson has played and he looks just as good if not better than the others. He handles pressure way better.

The only one I haven't seen live is Mahomes.

Watson will be just fine. Fans will still act like the sky is falling, though.

Nimo likes this.
  13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You know Cleveland had a worse offense than we did last year right? And even despite our goose egg vs the Saints, we have still have scored more points and more total yardage than they do so far this preseason.

Yes I know it's not exactly an accomplishment but not sure where this real offense is coming from. Better OL for sure but as bad as our offense has been, Cleveland has managed to be worse.

14. Mr. Clutch

Yes, better OL is the main thing. Texans line wasn't giving the QBs any time. And the skill guys are not that good either, outside of Hopkins.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I was surprised at your comments about Trubisky. I watched him throw a perfect strike for a TD. Looked good to me.

16. Mr. Clutch

Almost everything as underneath, but that may just be the offense

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

That was the only impressive throw.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

There was a long pass that was a drop. Another mid-range throw that was a drop by Wendell. There were a lot of broken plays where he tried to make something out of nothing.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Ha, that was the only one I saw! I was switching channels.

20. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

you are pure trailer-trash. trubisky is the bomb.