1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trey Burke will enter NBA draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MamboRock, Apr 13, 2013.

1. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Trey Burke will enter NBA draft
    50 minutes ago
    Email

Michigan sophomore guard Trey Burke, the consensus national player of the year, will enter the NBA draft, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Trey Burke (Getty Images)

Michigan has scheduled a news conference for Sunday afternoon, where Burke will formalize his decision.

Most NBA executives project Burke to be a lottery pick.
    Burke led the Wolverines to a brilliant season, reaching the national championship game where they lost to Louisville.

At 6-foot, Burke is able to overcome his small size for an NBA point guard with a long wingspan and terrific quickness, explosion and shooting touch.

For Michigan, Burke averaged 18.6 points and 6.7 assists per game. He was voted the Naismith national player of the year, and the Big 10's most outstanding player.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--trey-burke-will-enter-nba-draft-190335480.html

I see a young Chris Paul in this kid. Big time talent.

2. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

A poor man's Kyle Lowry

3. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

chris paul is an overstretch. He kind of reminds me of Charlie Ward.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Smart move, get drafted while your stock is high. He risks injury or a poor year next year and could miss out on being drafted high. I see a bit of Brandon Jennings in his game. High Offensive kind of player.

5. Swishh

Swishh Member

what pick is he currently projected at?

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I saw him at 7th pick yesterday or day before on ESPN. Top 10 though thus far.

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

oh, thanks. knowing previous draft projections, that number could drop to as low as 3, or back up to as high as 12. haven't seen him play much.... i'm not sure he would be an immediate impact player as a rookie though.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

My favorite player in the draft. I'd take him number 1 if I need a PG...

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9163993&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>