1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trevor Ariza stats in December are proving his real level of play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 19, 2009.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

There are some believers in clutchfans and NBA fans community, who thinks, that Ariza may be a star in this League. But what about his stats in December?

14 PPG (39,7% FG + 27% 3pt FG + 50% FT) + 6 reb + 2.6 as + 2.6 TO + 1,5 steals, 38.6 minutes per game

Real efficiency rating (PPG + RPG + APG + SPG + BPG - FG missed - FT missed - turnovers) =

14 + 6 + 2,6 + 1,5 + 0,4 - 8.75 - 1.25 - 2,6 = 11,65 ( :eek: )

Trevor Ariza is back to his original level?

Don't forget, that a lot of his shots were created by ball-movement and total team plays, so the big part of them were made without opponent near him or were just "out of rhytm" shots

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think anyone here has thought that since the first week of the season.

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Obligatory Dennis Green "He is who we thought he was!" quote/paraphrase?

4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Ariza is not our top player.

Brooks, Landry, Scola in any order, imo.

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Not to mention better efficiency from almost everyone on the roster, cept maybe Hayes.

1 person likes this.
  6. Francis 4 ever

Defenses are adjusting, he is being exposed as a temperamental brat.

Very disappointing month for him.

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

People actually thought Ariza was a star?

8. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Whoever thought Ariza was on his way to stardom is an idiot. However he has been better than expected even with the december stats. In fact the whole Rockets team has played better than expected and some of that can be contributed to Ariza

9. AXG

AXG Member

I don't think anyone thought Ariza was going to be a star player. His numbers are pretty much expected although I thought his FG% would be higher.

10. VBG

VBG Member

Ariza's defense has been quite solid today. He's also playing well today.

I think he can be a great complimentary player. He's still young.

11. joesr

joesr Member

he needs tmac to scare him for minutes but no star, I think a very good role player, one that will fit the future Yao/Bosh towers next year. :grin:

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I thought Hayes had a pretty high efficiency rating.

13. caneks

caneks Rookie

not so.

14. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Chill with the Ariza bashing. He is trying to be a more aggressive player then he ever was with the lakers. This game is not the easiest to play, if you ever played a game you would know you can go through stretches where you struggle.

15. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Struggling is one thing. Aaron Brooks struggled tonight.

Struggling with shot selection and knowing what you can and cannot do is another. Ariza is a very good role player. Yes, he is being asked to do more than he ever has, and every now and then he'll get hot and have a nice game like he did tonight.

But other times, I cringe when I see him jack up 3s, off balance shots and go helter-skelter to rim.

Posters are right in saying that he isn't even the best player on our team. Aaron Brooks, Landry, and Scola are. Doesn't give him the right to act like one.

16. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

40% and 15ppg is right where I think he will end up before the season. He may get higher ppg with less % if he forces more shots than he's capable to take.

17. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Ariza needs an alpha dog to tell him what to do and what not. This team doesn't have one right now. Ariza doesn't have high basketball IQ, but he's a solid role player when playing along allstar.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I pegged him for something around 12ppg so I'm definitely surprised at his raw point production. I guess I underestimated his ability to take horrific shots while chucking his way to an ugly 17ppg.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

a lot of people did. not Kobe or Lebron level. but there were quite a few who said he could be the second gun on a contender.

20. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Honestly, he still can be considered something of a star player, at least in the same way a number of B-ranked players are. He has great defensive tools (should probably ask Battier straight up how he can be a better defender and take the tips like Budinger seems to have done) and while he is getting used to his shot, he shows potential at times. I mean the brother put up 31 points for us tonight, he won't be confused with Kobe or Lebron anytime soon, but given time and once this team develops its true core, he may be a reliable swingman and we've all seen many a player get props and called stars for just being that cough*Hedo*cough.