1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No more frustration, brutha. Enjoy Obama for the next 4 years. :)

2. Granville

Granville Member

Other than his inflammatory comment on the subject, what does Obama have to do with this thread?

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Only in today’s weird GOP mind can a statement from the President giving comfort to a grieving family because their 17 year old son was murdered be construed as an inflammatory comment.

You guys ROCK

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's their frustration that their side is slowly being flushed down the drainhole of society. Thank goodness.

5. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

It really is shameful...

I see the need for a Conservative opinion and outlook in this country. And this is coming from someone leaning so far left that there is a permanent indention in the upholstery of my driver side door.

But the GOP is just laughable. Give us REAL and SENSIBLE conservatives. Is that too much to ask for?

1 person likes this.
  6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Just like on this bbs, all you see are mostly extreme far right posters representing the conservative side. People like Weslinder who are more moderate hardly post much. This is what is happening in real world as well, moderate Republicans are getting voted off in their primaries to be replaced by extremists. Now they want to vote Richard Lugar off in my state. I think I am going to the Republican primary to help him out a little.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Unfortunately in our sound-bite, quick story society the extremists are the only ones who get attention.

8. Granville

Granville Member

“You know, if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

Exactly why did Obama need to draw attention to Martin's race? Everyone already knew he was black. Everyone already knew charges of racism were being thown about.

My heart goes out to the Martin's for the loss of their son would have been just fine.

9. Granville

Granville Member

How did the mid-term elections go for the Dems again?

Hope and Change went from being a campaign slogan to the names of 2 of the Colombian Hookers that not so secrectly serviced Obama's Secret Service Team.

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

You fail at that. By the way:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=198916

You fail again!

(and don't think I didn't notice that you didn't even attempt to address my very factual retort to you... when I called up the magic of Bill Maher you probably wet your pants...)

#4450 giddyup, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Better actually!

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

With the recent exposure of the failure of "austerity" measures in the UK. I'm pretty sure the GOP is as good as dead.

13. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

As long as you drag yo cousin pookey down to the polls, maybe in some church bus and teach him how to vote......damn scary.

14. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

does the one drop rule apply to zimmerman?

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, what negative effect did the comment have if everyone knew Martin was black already? Sounds to me a simple reaction from a black father understanding how another black family feels about losing a child to violence, an event that, unfortunately, has happened way too often in the community and imagining himself in their shoes. The language simply adds a little feeling to what would have otherwise been a stock "my sympathies" quote.

He did not speculate about what happened or call for any particular legal outcome. People making hay out of the "if I had a son" quote are just being way too sensitive and emo.

16. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Geez, partisan politics on BOTH sides in this country are really idiotic and a lot of the times sickening. No wonder this country is going down the drain. You can't blame Republicans and you can't blame Democrats but you can sure as hell blame both. THANKS A LOT POLITICAL PARTIES!

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

No way! He's clearly a racist white klan member!! Don't screw up their story!! :rolleyes:

Using the logic of those who call Zimmerman white, Obama would be white, too! Except maybe we'd have to call him Barry -- oh wait, he did that for many years.

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Apparently so since those in support of his arrest were quick to call him white while others were quick to point out he was not white but Hispanic. I guess it just depends on which view you support.

20. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

i was referring to his afro peruvian roots, as reported by that bastion of conservative media, reuters