1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[trailer] The LEGO Movie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Awesome movie!! Loved all the references and cameos from different Lego people. Very funny and of course had a great message. I would recommend to any Lego fan.

2. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Movie was surprisingly hilarious. Lots of clever dialogue, jokes both adults and kids will enjoy, and visually impressive. Just a really fun movie all around. Some folks have been comparing it to Toy Story, and I think that's an apt comparison. Highly recommended, especially if you have kiddos.

But be forewarned: you will be singing "Everything is awesome!" the rest of the day.

3. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Glad to see all the positive reviews, will definitely be seeing this with the little cousins.

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Saw this last night with my wife and kids. Definitely lives up to the hype. Cute and meaningful story that had the kids and adults in the theater laughing throughout.

And I agree with BTI...still singing Everything Is Awesome today.

Also loved Batman's dialogue and his song.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I can honestly say that I'm a little bit shocked from the feedback here on Clutchfans about this movie. I haven't seen the movie, and wasn't planing on seeing it since my youngest is 12yrs old, and she is at the cusp of entering her teenage years , so I figured that she's probably to old for this film and wouldn't enjoy it. I, however after reading everyone's else's opinion, am starting to think this is a movie worth watching, especially since there aren't that many good family movies to watch coming out of Hollywood these days! If she agrees's to go I guess I'll be watching it as well.

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I was REALLY looking forward to taking my son to see it (and watch it myself as well). We went last night. Not sure if it was the theater (decided to go to Star Movie Grill instead of regular theater like usual), a little tired or what, but I just couldn't connect with it. Seemed like the pacing was way too fast.

I don't know. I think if I saw it again I will like it much better, but I walked away disappointed unfortunately. But, I know I'm in the extreme minority.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Agreed. I was disappointed. Not to say it was a bad movie, but I definitely expected more.

8. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I took my boys to see this tonight (age 11, 9, and 4) and all four of us loved it. I've seen my share of animated films through the years, and this is as good as anything Pixar has done. It really has it all for kids and their parents - sharp humor, sentimentality, a good story, a heaping dose of nostalgia, and just enough crudeness to keep the kids interested.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I liked it a lot and my kids LOVED it. They even liked the stupid song.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

Does it have that Indiana Jones ripoff LEGO had? Don't remember his name but he was my favorite. I'd see it if he's in it.

11. Swedish_Rocket

Havent seen such a good movie in a LONG time.... I definitely recommend this film

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Definitely enjoyed it and it had plenty of good material for adults. Batman was a pretty awesome douche. Loved 1980's Space Man complete with the broken helmet I remember all too well. And the
    Star Wars
    cameo was a great touch.

I don't think it quite reaches Pixar territory, at least on the level of Pixar's best. It just didn't quite hit that same heartfelt emotional cord that Pixar does so well. It did have a nice message though and was just a flat out fun time.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

It's amazing how photo-realistic the CGI looked, like it was stop motion at some points.

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Oh, and the Batman song was awesome too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pqv_LUStxDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I was thinking they actually used stop motion at some points. But while it was actually CG, they still stuck to the rules of stop motion and limited themselves to the actual movements a lego figure would make. Pretty cool.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Saw this tonight with a friend, really funny and cute movie. Definetly a movie that will entertain adults just as much as kids. Im a junior in high school and never felt it was too kiddy. Laughed pretty hard through out the movie, probably one of the best iv seen in a while.

17. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Our kids don't watch anything violent. My son was kind of irked by the halo like lady in wreck it Ralph and he was 5 then 6 now. Is it not cool for that age?

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Really good movie; great family film all the way around with lots of humor and a very clever plot.

I think it was the director, but in a WSJ article they said that - if you had the resources of course - every scene could be recreated with actual LEGOs. The stop motion kind of feel was very deliberate. All in all it looks great.

19. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Any violence was very cartoony, not nearly as "photo realistic" as the Hero's Duty stuff in Wreck It Ralph. For example, when stuff blows up the flames and smoke are all made of legos.

My 5 year old girl handled it just fine.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How does Lego's workout their licensing? You had Disney-owned characters and DC characters in the movie, along with other brands' properties I'm sure. They could make a Lego's movie with Wolverine & Batman making out in it if they wanted to?