1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Trailer] The Dirt (Motley Crue biopic on Netflix)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DCkid, Feb 19, 2019.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Didn’t even know this was happening. I’m an easy mark for music biopics, so I’ll probably see it.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Netflix..?

This could have been Straight Out of Compton for white dudes.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

NWA only raps about killing people...but vince neil actually is a murderer!

my friend used to be a limo driver and had to cart that dude around austin once. it was while he had his "reality" show and he was with his tv girlfriend as well as his real life girlfriend and they were fighting the whole time. the funniest thing was that when my friend picked him up and was loading his bags vince got upset with how he handled one of his bags and yelled at him "hey be careful man, thats a louis vuitton handbag" - theres nothing more "rock n roll" then worrying about your expensive, brand-name luggage getting scuffed up by your limo driver!

i met nikki sixx during sxsw a few years ago...i was walking down west 6th and he happened to be walking next to me. chatted him up for a couple blocks - he seemed like a pretty laid-back, friendly dude.

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Not sure I would’ve enjoyed the Queen movie as much off the big screen. Being in the theater and hearing/feeling the music makes a huge difference for stuff like this I would think.

No Worries likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

I'd think that would be a positive for Motley Crue music.

Hippieloser likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Heh, I met him (Sixx) at the Revolver party at Stubb's during SXSW years ago - sidenote Dennis Quaid was there as well and was so wasted he got kicked out for sneaking drinks to a smoking hot 18 year old (ish) stripper/call girl.

No Worries likes this.
  7. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah...I'm gonna watch it.

Dammit.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

From then to now. Vince sounds and looks like Cartman and needs an inhaler to even get through a song.

Between Tommy Lee boning Pam Anderson and Heather Locklear and Vince banging Janine in her prime...there is no other band with a better track record of hot womens....Plus one of the Best rock biographies I have ever read is "The Dirt". Even someone who wasn't a fan would dig this book. They were some sick and twisted people. Loved the VH1 Behind the Music doc on them, no interest in watching this though. Although the Queen Biopic was great, just not a fan of these types of shows, at all.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sort of have a weird regard for this band- they were at their heyday during the 'Hair Band' days of the 80's, which was an era of 'Heavy' Rock with more style than substance. I do think they were truly talented, just underutilized musically and were more interested in b****es and money than art. Their **** is catchy as heck and a mainstay at stripclubs everywhere.

10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

You can actually say this about a lot of the musicians of the hair band days. Despite playing overly-simplistic music, C.C. Deville of poison is actually a trained classical guitarist. He's an incredible musician, but it doesn't show in the Poison albums.

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The book "The Dirt" is one of the most fun reads ever. I wasn't a big fan of Motley Crue before I read it—they're kind of a joke at best, abusive assholes at worst. But the stories in the book are just so incredible. Couldn't help but root for all of them even through all of the needless bullshit. It's by Neil Strauss, the same guy who wrote the PUA book "The Game" as well as Marilyn Manson's autobio. Highly recommended.

Harrisment and LonghornFan like this.
  12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

**** that was a live action Cartman. Wild.

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They have been trying to get this made since The Dirt was published and it was stuck in development for so long until Netflix came in and saved the day.

They are supposed to be releasing 4 new songs for the movie so I am interested in hearing what they sound like.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The book is great. I also recommend Nikki Sixx’s “The Heroin Diaries.”

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have a few bands like Motley Crue. Not a really a fan of theirs. But Dr. Feelgood is a damn good song. Another is Foo Fighters with Everlong.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks badass

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

That one was hard to get through. Reading all of his scratch pad notes while he was in the midst of the the addiction was almost horrifying.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I thought it was ok, but worth watching if you like the band.

Watching them piss on the ground with Ozzie and lick it up was unnecessary.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

One of the four songs is a cover of Madonna’s Like A Virgin. I **** you not.