1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trail Blazers... Worse than the Faker$?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AntiSonic, Aug 13, 2000.

1. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Sure, LA represents glitz, money, hype, and everything else that is wrong with the world. Sure, Utah has a roster of no-good, archaic cheats. Sure, Seattle evokes a whole lot of painful memories and San Antonio challenges us annually for supremacy of the Lone Star State... But can any of these rivals match the animosity level that the Blazers seem almost certain to attain?

Just take a quick look at their roster...

Shawn Kemp- Big gun on those dreaded Sonics teams.

Scottie Quitten- 'Nuff said.

Detlef Schrempf- Another ex-Sonic. You know, the annoying aryan that was always b****ing.

Damon Stoudamire- Raptorgate scandal.

Paul Allen- Everyone has a price, and he can afford it.

Not to mention the fact that if we have any hopes for a playoff run in the forseeable future, we're bound to run into them...

------------------
    WE WILL WATCH THEM FALL... Next year :(

2. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Those are all good points, and there is no doubt that Portland is going to be a team that will give opponents nightmares. That's inspite of the fact that having Kemp and Wallace doesn't make a whole lot of sense. With that said, they have far too much talent and experience to not be great.

But no matter how good the Blazers get, I don't think they can be percieved as evil as the Lakers are. Its simply because the Lakers are forever the media darlings, and are overhyped to the point that any accomplishment they do make is overshadowed by their hype. Other than Phil Jackson, I do not hate or dislike any individual on the Lakers, its just that cocky, condescending attitude the team as a whole portrays, which bugs the hell out of me. Portland will never recieve attention of the magnitude of the Lakers, no matter how great their accomplishments are, which makes them that much harder to hate.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    We don't live for the destination. We live for the journey.

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

If, by some miracle, the Blazers were to defeat the "Fakers" and reach the finals, I don't know if I could take listening to Cost-ass kissing up to Quitten like he did Kobe.

They're are some players on the Blazers I like, Sabonis, Wallace, however, there is no one on the "Fakers" that I care for. The reason being, they have been hyped about so much, you can't help but be sick of them.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.