1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading Harden is the answer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shocky2002, Jan 19, 2020.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

Just bump the Trade Harden thread instead of creating another one... Nobody cares that you're desperate for attention.

Stephen_A likes this.
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

no such thing as equal value. Once a star is traded there is no equal value but to stack up draft picks in hopes for a next star plus lesser pieces with maybe expiring contracts etc. never equal value. Look at derozan trade or AD or mike Conley.

DeBeards likes this.
  3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

OP has impressive e-peen.

Good job. We were pulling for you.

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Why do people always use terms like “there’s no other way” or “they always” “it always” or “it will never”. Matter of fact terms that are exaggerated expressions to portray a catastrophic event that is so bad there’s no recourse or solution. Ridiculous.

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Why are you so negative? How do you know what’s better what’s not going to be better. But you chose a negative and defeatist route? Be positive. It’s not that bad and if we don’t win it there’s always next year to regroup. That’s hope. That’s faith.

6. gogispade

gogispade Member

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

dumbass thread...keep this same energy when the Rockets are going through another 17 year stretch where they win just 1 playoff series

We can go right back to being irrelevant garbage.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The answer to is forget your login password for years

9. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

How is this in any way relevant to my response or what you started this thread about?

harold bingo likes this.
  10. Caprah

Caprah Member

Alternate Id.

11. Caprah

Caprah Member

The OP is Asian sensation. Poor clown is still fuming over the whole jerry lin saga

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Cmon man.

You just suck for a year and draft the next Harden, EZ!

I do it all the time in my NBA2k game!

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Even though you are always "into your feelings" as you would say or over emotional and hypercritical in your posts I actually agree with you on this one.

14. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Can we Trade Tilman instead?

15. Caprah

Caprah Member

You can’t trDe the head hauncho

16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

We need to trade everyone but Harden and Russ if anything. We got a bunch of old veterans, average players.
    if we could build around Harden and Russ at least for the next 3 years after this season maybe they could do something. But time flies and this owner instead of helping the team is just holding us back. If he was a true rockets Fan he would do anything to bring a chip to Houston.
    But it seems he is saving on luxury tax and any way possible and spending some money.
    If he can’t afford being an owner he should sell the team now. Right now with Harden and Russ in their prime.

slothy420 likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

In general I agree with not trading Harden ….

Thing is , this owner thinks fans are idiots , who writes a book called shut up and listen unless he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Problem is , he's the idiot and cant see it.

He's got a generational talent in Harden and an MVP in Westbrook , two dudes that not only pack the stadium but give you a legit shot at being the last team standing and what does he put around them ? 9 dudes making the minimum.

I think we have to face the facts - Tilman's gonna own this team for a long time.

Either he's going to learn from his mistakes or not - that's what we as fans need to know.

For Tilman to learn those lessons , I think the franchise has to hit rock bottom. When that happens , we stop watching , stop buying merch and stop going to games buying his $12 beers and overpriced fare from a mall food court.

He aint going deep into the tax with the current squad - he's thrown away all the assets that allow that.
    The Rockets play 5 on 8 damn near every night …. Harden's never officiated fairly. He should go to the line 10 more times a game than he does now.
    The league and media hate this team.

We aint getting a championship with this squad.

They'll be pretty good …. but never good enough.

May as well get all that out of the way now , let the team suck ass , start with the rebuilding and see if the leopard (Tilman) changes his spots …..

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Why are rox fans constantly talking about luxury taxes and thinking Fertita somehow doesn't believe in winning. If he doesn't believe in winning he'd never bring in Russ. Only 4 teams are in luxury tax territory (miami, golden state, OKC, portland) none of those teams are legitimate title contenders. The rox are only about 130,000 under the tax unlike lakers who are around 12 mil. Just having a lux tax doesn't translate into success so I wish we would stop accusing fertita of being cheap and not caring about winning. There is nothing to support these claims and if there is please enlighten me. The problem we should be concerned about is Morey and executive level leadership E.G. Exec VP basketball ops etc. The approach to team building and player acquisition should be in question.

DeBeards likes this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

luxury taxes don't equate success. lt's a smart business decision to rather avoid taxes than over pay with low and uncertain returns. The numbers need to work for deals to happen.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

We all know the history of Morey - He'll turn a nickel into a quarter …. in terms of assets.

Since Tilman took over , the list of assets that have been thrown away is substantial.

Ariza's bird rights - Nothing
    Ryno / Melton > Chriss / Knight > 1st round pick , 2nd round pick , > Shumpert..2 TPE's - Nothing
    Ennis to Philly - 2nd round pick. - Nothing
    Shumpert's bird rights - Nothing.
    2 years in a row no use of the MLE. - Nothing
    Two TPE's worth almost $7m in total about to expire. - Nothing
    Not expanding the Westbrook trade ($10m in potential salary intake). - Nothing
    Cutting Clark. - Nothing
    (I'm sure I missed something)

Individually you can explain them all away - Not collectively.

Blaming Morey when he's been handcuffed at the tax line is just not paying attention to his history of collectivism , the asset collector. Not the guy who's throwing assets away.

None of those moves made the team better and none of those moves positioned the team to get better - Those are all moves made for financial purposes - Tax avoidance.