1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade value of Derrick Rose and Chris Paul

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigBum, Feb 1, 2020.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Rose stats, 19, 6, 3.
    Pistons want lotto level First.

Paul stats, 17, 7, 5
    How many Firsts is Paul trade value?

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At this point in his career, Rose is worth no more than a late first.

CP3 still has a MASSIVE contract, and has bucked the odds as to health SO FAR this year...While I love to see him playing so well, and helping that team thrive...making everyone around him better...It's just not sustainable...not a smart bet.
    EVEN swap at best still for Chris. No picks gained.

OKC needs to sell high, NOW.

Severe Rockets Fan, amaru and Vivi like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with Plowman, and personally i wouldn't give a 1st for Rose regardless, but that's just me. Chris is obviously worth a 1st rounder, but all things considered i feel like it's gonna be hard for Presti to get that, also cause there aren't a lot of contenders/pretenders with the need of a point guard, although you never know, like always, all it takes is one team.

Plowman and amaru like this.
  4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Oklahoma City doesn’t need to sell high on Chris Paul right now if they don’t like the offers they are receiving. First, his contract makes it hard for them to get fair value in return. Second, they already have a boatload of additional first-round picks from the Westbrook and George trades, and any picks acquired in a Paul trade would be late first rounders, at best. Third, even if Oklahoma City had $80 million in cap space, superstars are not going to sign there in free agency unless they have no other options.

Gallinari, who is a free agent after the season, is the one they have to make a difficult decision on next week. Do they move him for a player under control beyond this season or draft picks? Or, do they believe he legitimately wants to stay and gamble on him re-signing as a free agent?

#4 DVauthrin, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    YOLO likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Agreed. They have 15 1st round picks in the next 6 years. There’s isn’t much rush to do anything with cp3. Okc is competing at the same level as last year only with the boatlevel of picks and without the contracts of pg13/wb. They finish out the year as a middle playoff team and cp3’s deal gets that much smaller

DVauthrin likes this.
  6. DVauthrin

To add to this, both Schroder and Adams’ contracts expire after next season, removing $43 million from their books if they opt to re-sign neither. They aren’t in long-term cap hell even with the CP3 contract.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rose is precisely what the Lakers would need to make their bench more potent.

BigShasta and amaru like this.
  8. MONON

MONON Member

Agreed. Also CP3's contract almost makes him untradeable. I think OKC'll be able to retool on the run while still being in the playoffs next year & not skip too many beats.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Why is not tradable?

First time hear this,
    nobody wants to have current year all-star Chris Paul.

10. MONON

MONON Member

I was referring to the size of the contract.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Personally I trade Galo and hold onto Paul. A team never has too many draft picks and a team like the Thunder will have to build through the draft.

I hold onto Paul because he will still keep people in OKC interested.

I would move Adams too if he has the ability to get solid draft picks.

12. DVauthrin

I’d move Adams in a heartbeat if I was the Thunder. They have an internal replacement in Noel, and Adams is very overpaid for his production. If a team like Miami is willing to give me a decent first round pick for Gallinari, I’d move him, too.

Nook likes this.