1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade news about Los & Walt maybe for Brad Miller

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carlit0, Feb 13, 2001.

1. carlit0

carlit0 Member

CARLOS ROGERS- The Rockets are looking for an aggressive rebounder. Los and Walt Williams are guys being discussed as on the way out only because they count against the cap next year. Williams is getting a lot of love from the league because of his range, while Rogers seems popular because of his defense. Both are considered 2nd, maybe even 3rd tier players so the Rockets may or may not be able to make a deal. Brad Miller is interesting because of his size and his cap friendly contract. Kelvin Cato has been mentioned in the press, but league sources say the size of his contract is similar to Erick Dampier's in its too big and almost prohibitive in itself, not to mention he plays 4 games a season. The Rockets are looking to stay competitive, but at the same time have their eyes on the summer and the cap flexibility they have been planning towards. It very likely they will trigger a deal before the deadline, if only for cap purposes.

BRAD MILLER- Brad is simply waiting for the call. Its almost a forgone conclusion he's going to be dealt the question is where. Several sources say the Lakers have asked about Miller, and there is continued talk that Denver wants him. The surprise team is the Rockets who were rumored to be after Miller too. The Bulls are keeping an eye on the cap, but sources close to the team say taking on a proven veteran might be something Krause would do regardless of the deal involved. The Heat are the favorites to land Miller, although they deny serious interest.

http://www.bskball.com/Rumors.htm

------------------
    "Instinctly u recognize things,now take advantage of what u just recognized!".. Hakeem..

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I thought 'Los was free agent next year? There was a lot of talk about him signing with the pistons then because he said he really wanted to go to detroit. I'm not dreaming this up am I??

------------------
    WooHoo! The season's here!....I'm still gonna need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Yeah, let's add another oft-injured center that we can pay to stay home and rehab.

[​IMG]

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. StanDMan

StanDMan Member

I wouldn't want to trade Carlos. Walt doesn't do much so I don't care about that part.

Love the show guys

www.AirBullard.com

------------------

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

No offense, but this is BS.

------------------
    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives,
    but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." -- Barbara Bush

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think this deal is all that likely, but if we had the chance, I say do it. I love Carlo's hustle, but he always seems to be in Rudy's doghouse, because he never gets many minutes. And if we were to do it, we would get rid of Walt's contract for cap space (to go after Webber, and resign Shan, Mo, and Mooch). It seems as though we will lose 'Los anyhow, so I say get what you can for him now.

But I agree with RocketsPimp, this all sounds like BS, I can't imagine Krause making this trade.

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Take a look at how many minutes these players are getting lately.

What's up with Carlos? He's not injured. Why doesn't he play?

Ceballos. Granted, not the greatest player anymore, but better than nothing. Barely comes off the bench. Also, not injured.

Brad Miller. Not great, true, but a decent role player. Should get some time. Also barely plays. Not injured.

But what if their coaches are afraid they might GET injured while GMs work the phones?

Few trades ever happen. But this trade might at least be more than BS.

------------------

8. ROXTXIA

Actually, HOOP T, this would be good news. Miller has only this year guaranteed. Dumping his salary in the summer gives us another 4 million bucks to play with.

------------------

9. Nomar

Nomar Member

Yeah. More cap space is good. Plus, we dump Walt.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

10. OT

OT Member

ROXTXIA
    They said on TV last night that Carlos has an infected lung. That is why he is out. I had heard just before the all-star break that he had an ashma attack and missed the last game before the break.

------------------

11. ROXTXIA

Ah. My apologies.
    So trade-wise, we're at a maybe not.

------------------

12. TIburon

TIburon Member

Just wondering who are we going after in Free Agency? I know Webber but he's going to go to New York(I'm pretty sure, sign and trade deal). So who else is there. I like Mo Taylor, Shandon Anderson and Moochie. Who else are we looking at?

------------------

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

straight out i think det wouldn't mind taking los and williams what would we need to get jerome in a rockets uniform

------------------
    "Wahooo"-homer
    I'm not only a fan but I'm also the bartender at clutchcity chat
    For the last time I'm not Tybrave!!!!!