1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

It was, and notice the time period...two months ago. I haven't seen improved hands(this is more so genetic), he's got a shitty skill level--ever see him put the ball on the floor or pass--its almost always a turnover. The big improvement is effort and to a degree conditioning. That's led to better rebounding and overall productivity.

Not sorry my thoughts have changed in two months. You don't think you've changed your thoughts on anybody or any idea over two months? I'd beg to differ so get over yourself.

And @knote32 nobody would let you in a group that my family is in...you're a cuck. The people in my group are the ones you are watching in awe.

SIL

#941 SirIvyLeague, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This exactly. Freak talent and freak of nature physically, just impact wise he's **** relative to those gifts.

SIL

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

Please stop sensationalizing this r****ded thread.

Let it fking die.

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Do you watch him?

He's driving a lot. He's attempted more shots near the bucket than he has from mid range and 3pt combined. He can't shoot at all. He posts up and drives right by anybody. He's freaky, he's great at it. It just doesn't change the dimensions of the game.

FFS, you guys are the type to ride the hype train.

SIL

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Just to be clear... you're just randomly throwing out made up hypothetical, which is what you (and others) have got on me for doing relative to Giannis on the Rockets.

On top of the classic excuse for Harden used after lat year's playoff embarrassment slowly went away... he was too tired.

There's an excuse every playoffs. Two years ago they just weren't very good because of Dwight, coaching, culture. Three years ago, when Harden threw up 12 turnovers with 2-11 shooting and a gamescore of 1!!!! (which is horrible), he needed a lot backcourt help ... which the Rockets went out and got him and everyone was super excited about ... until that didn't work, because that guy was a recovering alcoholic I guess. 4 years ago it was was Dwight year 1 and even though Harden came out with the first two home games shooting 29% on 47 shots while the other team's (who by your math should have been worse because of regular season, etc.) stars came out and dominated, it was Jeremy Lin's fault for a turnover late in a game and Chandler Parson's fault for letting Dame free for the dagger series-ender (although it was Harden that was doing some weird as crap defensive maneuvering right before the play started). Five years ago should have been a series exit because they were the 8th seed and the Thunder the 1 seed... but of course, Harden shot 32%, 38%, 41%, 33%, 63% (yay!) and 32% that series.

So do I think this "playoff Harden" in replace of KD or Steph on the Warriors last year might have let them win it? Maybe. I mean that's a **** ton of talent. But not in place of Steph the prior two years.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He's definitely not a good outside shooter.
    As Yolo noted, he's improving, but he ain't good.

It doesn't seem to matter, though.

The Bucks are 12th in ORtg this year so far. Their defense struggles. And struggles a lot more when Giannis is off the court.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

2 month period nope. You were just completely way off. It's really a month since thats how long ago the season started

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

As a matter a fact I do. He definitely has an improved midrange jumper. Sounds like you need to watch more often

9. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

38% from 10-16 feet, thats almost Russel Westbrook bad.

Giannis is Demar Derozan but 7 feet tall

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

hahaha. so westbrook doesnt have a midrange jumper? aside from that i guess you cant read that well and missed improved. you might not want to stick your nose in this conversation. might be a little complicated for you if youre using that as an example

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

tell me who woudn't?

and you don't think the whole team was tired?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...l-and-james-harden-fell-apart-late-in-game-5/

"They probably got tired, we just couldn't quite push it," D'Antoni said. "We had a lot of opportunities in those last three minutes to go in the game, knocked down a couple of threes, had good shots but just couldn't make a big play by that point. You know, it was hard fought. We played as hard as we could and we had our chances to win, so be it."

Harden blamed the Rockets' inability to get stops, saying offensive rebounds for the Spurs gave them baskets and messed with the Rockets' pace. But tempo is different from pace. Tempo is about the way you play, the way you move and the urgency you play with. The Rockets didn't have pace because of rebounds Tuesday. They didn't have pace because they looked out of gas.

It's easy to blame the seven-man rotation Mike D'Antoni has gone to, predictably given his history. But the only man out was Nene and Clint Capela was fresh. There are no other guards to turn to, no other wings outside of Sam Dekker, who might not be ready for this moment. It presents an issue, though. The Rockets are tired, and playing a short rotation, and need to play fast with energy.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/time-harden-embrace-rest-running-gas/story?id=47375178

Harden was running on empty, gassed from a grueling regular season.

As LeBron James and the Spurs employed resting strategies throughout the regular season, Harden made headlines by denouncing the concept of resting.

"I'm a hooper," Harden said. "I just want to hoop. I'll rest when I'm done. I feel like my teammates and organization need me to go out there and do what I do."

And when a reporter followed up and asked Harden if Mike D'Antoni would try to sit him and save energy for the playoffs, Harden replied, "Mike knows not to come at me with that."

Before winning the 2014 Finals MVP, Kawhi Leonard ranked 138th in minutes played during the regular season. Andre Iguodala spent the regular season coming off the bench before nabbing the 2015 Finals MVP. Before his brilliant 2016 Finals manifesto, LeBron James enjoyed 19 extra days off in the playoffs as a result of sweeping early-round opponents, while the Warriors labored through injuries and a grueling seven-game marathon against the OKC Thunder. Let's also not forget the Warriors decided to chase 73 wins that season instead of resting down the stretch.

This is the whole point of resting during the regular season. Popovich has regularly sat his stars to both prevent injury and give his second unit plenty
    of opportunity to thrive and gain chemistry.

The Rockets could point to a Nene injury as an excuse, but that strains credibility when you consider the Spurs played without starters Tony Parker and Leonard in Game 6. The Spurs' reserves stepped up to the challenge because Popovich asked them to step up eight times before in the regular season when he sat Leonard.

Harden dazzled audiences in the regular season. But in the end, the human body in today's NBA can only handle so much. No, Harden wasn't "drugged" in Game 6. But the idea that strategic rest is the enemy -- not a friend -- sure can be intoxicating for hoopers like Harden.

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Ummm....

This, he's right. The dude's shooting 39% from mid-range. That's ****ing junk. That's worse marginally(than last year at 40% with a much higher sample size). So again, how has he improved it if he got worse?

@YOLO give up, you don't watch basketball brah. Find another hobby, ****.

SIL

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

When did I post that? And when was that relative to this NEW season?

Figure out those two, and wonder why I have a somewhat new opinion of him. You believe Giannis has an improved mid-range J, before this season you would've said it was not as good as it is now(apparently, according to you NOT real stats). See how your opinion changed?

FFS, you're really this dense?

SIL

14. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

He doesn't. Westbrook shot 36% from midrange last year, in comparison, good midrange shooters like Kawhi Leonard shot 48% and CP3 51%

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol ok. do yourself a favor and understand strengths and weaknesses a bit more

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks a little advanced for you. its comical

17. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

My apologies for assuming that crippling ineinffency means that he just isn't that good at shooting midrange. His love for the midrange is one of the reasons he has yet to shoot above 44% from the field for his entire career, despite the talent around him.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

a career 40% shooter from midrange. lol if you think that sucks then i guess james harden sucks at midrange too. a bunch of arm chairs around here. its hilarious

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

its junk? i guess hardens midrange is junk too because hes also 40%. learn to analyze numbers correctly

20. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Maybe because he does? Ever wonder why ISO-Harden was and is a shitty way to close out games?

But I won't let your self-created narratives get in the way of facts.

SirIvyLeague likes this.