1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 12, 2012.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think no major moves will be made and there will be much gnashing of teeth.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Gotta give something to get something. Pek and Williams are their best assets not named Love or Rubio ... the best assets they can actually part with.

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Melo in NY isnt panning out. I am sure STAT and LINSANITY will suffice the KNICKERBOCKER fans if they keep winning

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Reunite the twins...Morris for Lopez.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wouldn't be worth it for Minnesota's pick. Their pick will probably be 12-14 OR, if they're in the playoffs, could even be 16-19.

If it's New Orleans' pick, would probably be anywhere from 1-7. And there's the rub.

Maybe Morey and Les could offer cash. If it's the #1 pick, NO also gets 3 million. If it's #2, $2.5 million. And so on.

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Okay that is one deal I do not want. Carmelo Anthony for anything. Melo is a cancer with stats. Tmac with less talent. Do not know if he is on the market. But certainly the knicks must have some buyers remorse. As for the Knicks fan being upset, they booed him the last home game.

Link

The Melo-Mike D’Antoni relationship souring, the Knicks would not be a playoff team if the season ended today... Anthony did not join the huddle after being taken out, the Knicks fell into ninth place last night. Anthony sat by himself after the third quarter as the rest of the team gathered around D’Antoni... Anthony said he often doesn’t join the huddle after being taken out, but admitted he’s unhappy... The Knicks are 2-8 since he returned from injury.

I hope Morey has fallen out of love with Melo. I wonder if there is a bug in his Moreyball algorithm that undervalues team player.

#106 Old Man Rock, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Idk but he looked fine with George Karl as his coach in Denver.

8. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Give NY the pick back for MELO :grin:

9. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

That would be a no-brainer! Cancer? Could be, but I would take the risk ... Package Martin, Dragic, Morris, Thabeet and the 2012 NY 1st round pick and let's get Melo. You want a 'superstar' ? Well, he is the best shot we have right now!

After Melo, trade for Al Jefferson ...

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Let's take a look at that. They went 32-25 with Melo and 18-7 without him. In his recent absence with the Knicks they go 8-2 without him and 2-8 with him. He does give you stats but he has no clue how to play team ball. There is a reason why Melo and Tmac don't win anything in the NBA. Basketball is still a team sport.

Some players don't get that. You do not have that problem in Miami where both Wade and Lebron need the basketball to be at their best. They figured the solution was to spend more energy on defense and run the hell out of the ball. The first guy down gets to score. But they had to buy into that knowing they couldn't both have the ball at the same time.

You can see Melo's frustration when teammates defer to Lin over him. The knicks are trying to move the ball to the open guy and Melo just wants the ball anyway he can get it. And on defense he just doesn't seem to care enough. I also believe there is a direct correlation between Lin trying to defer his responsibilities over to Anthony and not playing his game.

Besides trading for Melo would have the added effect of giving the Knicks a shot at another playoff run. Do you really want to mess with our pick. Right now we have the tenth pick from them. Do you really want to take a shot at making that the 15th.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Agreed he is not the best team player but you could argue that Pringles is not the right coach for him.
    Let us focus on what he does well.
    Elite Scoring
    Very good rebounding
    Good size

Other things
    Ballhogs
    Lazy Defense

In a nutshell, he is a slightly better Bosh... a second tier superstar.... above Amare Stoudemire because he is an offensive genius.... but lazy D and average BBall IQ.

I think he would only be very well used with players like Deron, Chris Paul, Lebron.... guys who can give him the ball and very good ballhandlers without turning over so much.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wish. He looks like the next Kobe.

14. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

well here we are 2 days before the deadline and still not one trade.. The new CBA is gonna make teams stay where they are.. If the rockets are gonna make at least 2 deals then why wait till the 15th?? we are 22-20 and have lost 6 of 7 games.. no reason to wait.. i don't think there will be a lot of moves and houston might be a team that does nothing..

15. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

^ if that is so, DM should be fired for failing to convert his so called "assets" to a valuable piece/s...

16. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Once the DH12 domino falls, all hell will break loose.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Maybe we could break some talent away from Toronto, Im assuming everyone is available except Davis and DeRozan....

Rockets trade: Scola, Martin, Thabeet, Budinger

Raptors trade: Barbosa, Bargnani, Amir Johnson, Bayless

18. zigzag

zigzag Member

Young Kobe is much more athletic than Brooks and had less offense skills than Brooks.
    I think Brooks may follows Mayo's road.Not so much room to improve.

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I used to think that Orlando was going to call Howard's bluff and not trade him. I am beginning to wonder if he's told them "no-way, no-how". Could be all just rumor gossip but if it's true that Nets, Mavs and Clippers are the only teams then look for them to try and move Howard like Denver did Melo to get something back.

20. Burko

Burko Member

Orlando aren't silly enough to call his bluff, if they thought they could win a championship with him this year then maybe, but that's not an option. They have to get rid now and get back anything they can.

No team is going to offer them anything worth their while until very late, just as they are starting to get desperate.