1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline: Every Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Jan 9, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. Remlap

Remlap Member

We already have our quota of Gordon's on our team

ico4498 likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We can't trade for him without dealing Clint. Honestly that's not happening. Capela is having a better season than Gordon has ever had in his career, and there are plenty of playmakers who can feed Capela almost as well as Harden does.

Defense, 14 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal per game doesn't come from Harden. Not to mention Capela's defense would be better if we didn't have so many defensive liabilities on the team.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Take it back Rem!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I wish we would have traded for Gordon Hayward back when there were rumors circulating and his value was completely shot.

It looks like he's made a full recovery and is having one of the most productive and efficient seasons of his career.

jcmoon and zcarenow like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well, we could. For example, Tucker, House, Nene, Chandler and Sefolosha gets it done.

That wouldn't help the Rockets... just pointing out its doable.

Sidebar - Tyson hasn't played the last 4 games and Thabo the last 7...

D-rock, ak99999 and Mathloom like this.
  7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Gordon and Capela plus 1st rd pick for Beal

elmotsang likes this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

The only trade will be dumping nene with cash and a SRP.

The only roster improvement will come through the buyout market.

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don’t care for iggy because he is an expensive, older mainly defensive player; but I like
    Markieff Morris
    Covington
    Jae Crowder
    Bertans

add Bjelica as well

#10 ApacheWarrior, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Use SRP and TPE to trade for Harry Giles.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd love for the Rockets to be able to find a young player with upside (since we can't trade for big contracts without moving Capela anyway) who fits and has good upside, i was already keeping an eye on Troy Brown of the Wizards in sumer league, have been looking him in the last games since he's getting more minutes with Beal out, and while still a bit raw, i like his potential, great athlete, can rebound very well, can play defense...i don't really know if the Wizards would give him up, but since they already have Hachimura and are likely to draft another wing, maybe they'll listen to offers now instead of eventually losing him like Oubre or Porter.

Beal and Gordon can't be traded, and aside for that, Rockets don't need Beal at this point, like the Wizards have no reason to have interest in Capela and Gordon since they have Bryant and Beal.

13. amaru

amaru Member

We need to get young and athletic on the wings

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Troy Brown interesting player (basically a 6'6 point) but not much of a scorer coming out of school (did he improve his catch and shoot 3?).

But no way I would trade Clint for another guard. I would like to get younger too but Rockets already too deep at guard.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Props to Clint, he has become a stud at what he does (rebounding + rim running). I believe he should get consideration for All Star.

But Clint is limited, this may be his ceiling. Clint is also a liability vs. Small ball 5's and longer more physical 5's. Clint does not match up well with AD and Rockets will need to go through LAL in post season.

Rockets need to improve defense plus get longer at 4 spot. Getting younger and more athletic would be great too.

There was a suggestion to trade 2 FRP + Nene + House for Jonathan Isaac. Fantastic idea IMO but highly unlikely that ORL trades their new franchise player. He's also injured, probably for the season.

So barring a team willing to trade one their young superstars on rook deal for multiple firsts, it brings us back to Clint. Clint's trade value is the highest it's been. If Morey was willing to trade him last offseason imagine the trade opportunities now.

BOS: Capela, House, Nene, Thabo

ORL: Hayward, Edwards, Tyson

HOU: AG, Bamba, RWilliams, Iwundu

Magic may insist on Harty over Tyson, but this trade benefits all teams. Magic get an All Star scorer plus Isaac plays his natural 4 spot full time.

Celtics get the near All Star defensive center & 2nd best rebounder in game. Celts also love to increase their wing depth (House & Thabo).

Rockets get defensive 4 who can defend Lebron, Kawhi and Giannis plus run and play above rim with Russ allowing Tucker to move to SF (and not play as many minutes as small ball 5). Bamba is 7 footer with 7'9 wingspan and 3 point range. Lob Williams has Clint potential and would make another great running mate for Russ.

Then trade SRP & use Chriss TPE to SAC for Harry Giles.

Harden/EGo
    Russ/Rivers
    Tucker/McLemore/Iwundu (6'7)
    AG/Giles (6'10)
    Bamba (7'0)/Williams (6'10)/Harty (7'0)

And further roster improvement opportunities during buyout. But above roster could be built without any FRP.

Would miss Clint but the team becomes more competitive/balanced on court and more flexible financially.

DeBeards likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

• Andre Iguodala
    • Robert Covington
    • Markieff Morris
    • Jae Crowder
    • Davis Bertans
    I mean...yes to all of them?

But wanting and getting are two different things.

D-rock likes this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

dunt think we have any asset orlando luv to take, except for 3rd team joining in the swap

adding any player below gonna improve our length & D (getting younger is a plus)
    AG -younger
    Covington -more D
    Jae Crowder -veteran

backup options:
    Bertans
    Markieff Morris

--------
    our disposable asset: cc, tucker, McLemore, nene, thabo

morey, pls, make it happen.
    [​IMG]

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

DeBeards likes this.
  19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

wow, never seen this 2 clips, the blocks are clean and hot
    keep my fingers crossed....

D-rock likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

considering how bad we've looked, the owner will more likely shed salary at the deadline to get below the taxline

Corrosion likes this.