1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Carr - Draft Vince Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Jan 5, 2006.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

David Carr may yet develop into an All pro QB, but Vince Young will be an ALL-TIME QB (barring injury).

He can run, throw, and his leadership is off the charts.

Vince should come out, and the Texans should draft him number 1.

Reggie Bush will have a good career, but his speed will be mitigated at the next level.

There are no more Gale Sayers, he was a fast man in a slow game, now the game is full of fast men, outside runners do not excel in the NFL.

Jamal Charles will have a better NFL career than Reggie Bush...

Vince.....is the next John Elway - only better.

DD

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I was saying the same thing the other night to a guy at the bar, and last night just put more credibility to that scenario. Young is unbelievably good.

3. Summer Song Giver

Hopefully VY will come out so the Texans can take him. I would take him over anybody at this point and trade Carr for a second or third rounder if we can get it.

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Given last nights performance, I think the Texans should seriously consider drafting Vince Young. I just wasnt that impressed with Reggie Bush. It was Lindell White running through the tackles..... Lindell White with the TD's....... and Lindell White with the most carries in the game (not to mention most TD's in the nation).

Vince Young looks like a special talent, and right now Im favoring him over Reggie Bush.

5. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I've stated my case-

Young

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

That is a very big prediction to make after one good season in college.

7. tested911

tested911 Member

Same here Lindell White was just eating up the Defensive LIne.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah sure. Nevermind Tiki Barber's 1800 yards rushing. Even Warrick Dunn had 1400. Just pick up a big bruiser for the goal line and short yardage situations, use Reggie the rest of the time for potoential 50 yd runs or receptions.

Speed matters in the NFL. Why do you think LaDanian Tomlinson is as good as he is?

9. JJ

JJ Member

Your talking about the freshman that fumbled twice? Thats a bold statement! :eek:

10. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

put vince young in the NFL with the texan's o-line and he wont look nearly as good. Put Carr on a good team with a solid line and system like the colts and he looks like manning, hell sorgi looks like manning sometimes.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

He might or might not have a good NFL career. His throwing mechanics are terrible frankly. NFL defensive coordinators will be licking their chops when he steps on the field if he doesn't figure out how to throw properly.

speed is always, always #1 in the NFL. Let's not kid ourselves.

lol, classic quote material

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I agree with DaDa.

Take Young.

If Vince comes out...and they don't take him...I'm not sure I'll ever forgive the Texans. This is a very rare opportunity to take a home-town kid who is just an absolute athletic freak. Take him.

As for Reggie Bush...I'm more concerned about his touches in the NFL than ever. The most important carries of the game....the ones to seal the impending victory for USC...the big plays where they had to have a big conversion...those were NOT given to Reggie Bush. That's at the college level. I'm very concerned that taking him may be a huge mistake. With or without Vince Young on the board.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

IF Vince and Reggie both come out, then it's a good problem to have. I really don't think they could go wrong either way as far as talent and acceptance from the fans. They would have to make a decision on Carr before the draft though, so that would tell us which way they are leaning.

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

LOL come on now.

Charles is a very poor mans verison of Reggie Bush.

Lets not get carried away

15. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Just curious. When is the Texans drop dead date when they have to make the decision on the Carr extension??? If they do decide on giving him the bonus rather than let him become a free agent. How does that impact the Texans in possibly trading him to another team?

The Titans could still be a good trade partner since they are sitting in the number 3 slot and the Texans could still end up with Reggie Bush plus numerous extra draft picks.

#15 Dream34, Jan 5, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Carr's a good quarterback, the best game manager in the NFL, put him on the Bears and those dudes would be on their way to the Super Bowl win, but on a team as wack as the Texans his conservative quarterbacking will lead to loss after loss. They need a game changer like Vince Young. Last night Young pretty much punched Carr's ticket out of Houston, and Bush didn't help Carr out one bit, I can already hear the corus of boos on draft day if the Texan's draft Bush or trade down.

And if they take Bush that doesn't mean the Texans are screwed, if somehow Casserly does the unexpected and actually puts together a good o-line and defense for Carr, he will be good enough to take the Texans to the playoffs every year. Either way the Texans are in a great position, they can't possibly screw this up.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Speed matters, but all those guys also have power and run between the tackles....Reggie Bush does not.

VY is greater than RB.

DD

18. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

nothing out of the norm for DD... :)

Dan Langhi

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If Tiki and Warrick have so much power between the tackles then why don't they get the goalline carries? And yet they are both huge weapons and Tiki is an MVP candidate.

20. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

We'll draft Bush this year and will miss out on Young next year. I hope the Titans get him.

It will always keep a fire lit under the Texans.