1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Brooks was starting to hit tha wall before tha trade. he was becoming a turnover machine, his shots were falin, and he stopped gettin to tha basket..

he was becoming undependable

2. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Bobby wasn't trade for Jackson.

He was trade because Landry took his minutes and MJ need to go and we need a true back up PG.

Landry + Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bonzi + James.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I bet all the Bobby Jackson haters were craping their pants when BJ was hitting 3 after 3. Sad this is, he if officially a Rocket. Why would fans wants certain players on OUR TEAM to do bad? It's like they rather have BJ do bad just so they can soothe their ego and prove their point. :rolleyes:

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Could someone please remind me: what's our record since the trade and what the Hornet's record since the trade?

5. earth

earth Rookie

This trade could not happen if Morey could forsee the injury of Yao

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Buck Fonzi.....

He is no longer a Rocket.

DD

#1946 DaDakota, Mar 23, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not only that, but 2/3 of the time he was a Rocket, he wasn't a Rocket.

8. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Getting rid of Mike James (and his contract) was a good enough reason to get the deal done.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wasn't crapping my pants. I know BJ can hit shots. But not on a consistent basis (one of the biggest anti-Bonzi arguments is his lack of consistency). No matter how many good games Jackson has he will end the year shooting 36-40% from the field. We are way too small coming off the bench at the 2. And we desperately need an attacking force. Someone to get to the line.

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Bonzi is the only player that doesnt need Tmac to create for him. Bonzi would of put Barbosa on the block and punished him. Mike James had to go.

11. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Bonzi is a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. Sure he doesn't bring it all the time in regular season, but I would be happy with him showing up for big games and the playoffs. Just look at the two games he's played against the Celtics. 20 some odd points for the Rockets and 8 steals the other day for the Hornets. The fact of the matter is that not many players in the NBA can do what Bonzi can do on the court. I hope the Rockets can sign him in the offseason. With all that being said, I still think the pg position is the Rockets' weakest position. Hopefully, Francis can come back and be effective for about 20 mins a game and Brooks can continue to develop.

12. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

And miss all his FTs :eek:

13. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

thats stupid logic....we have laundry no matter what...and laundry doesnt play the 2-3 spot like bonzi, he plays the 4 or 5....so stop with bonzi was taking laundry's time crap...if anything bonzi was taking heads minutes

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, what is stupid logic is not being able to understand that Landry was getting more and more minutes, and Bonzi was going to get less and less. and that the team needed a backup PG more than it needed a guy who was going to play behind the two players on our team who log the most minutes in Tmac and McGrady.

BONZI was crap, is crap, and will continue to be crap, and to top it off the guy flat out quit on the team and brung it every 3rd night.

GOOD FLIPPEN RIDDANCE......

Glad we cut that cancer out.

The guy is gone...what is the point of continuing this thread? Do you see me harping on V-Span.....let it go.....

This thread jumped the shark a LONG LONG time ago.

SHEESH !

DD

15. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Since T-mac Return Bonzi was playing the 4 most of the time in a small line up.

You can't have Bonzi play the 2 or 3 with no 3 point shoot. You need Head to back up T-mac and when T-Mac move to the 3.

Houston was better playing Landry and Scola at the 4 o some times both together, then you need player capable of shooting 3s and spread the floor.

Bonzi minutes was going down and Landry up because Houston play better with a big man at the 4.

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

You gotta admit it would be nice to watch Bonzi posting up right about now. Landry is not yet a consistent post threat, Scola is better moving without the ball. So who do we have to throw the ball down low for a quick score? McGrady?