1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

Nothing if that is what happens. However, if it's the Bonzi + James for Jackson + Butler (TBD) then it's a horrible trade. I still don't understand the rational of giving a division rival a usable piece while obtaining a guy who is sort of a redundant piece of the puzzle.

You just don't give someone who you might see in the playoffs a usable piece and get very little in return. The only reason is for a straight salary dump, because there isn't any sound basketball logic to do something like this otherwise.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

After Jackson's game tonite I highly doubt NO's front office goes forward with this trade anyways.

Looks like we will be standing pat till this summer's Tmac auction.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i agree with them too. the trade makes ZERO sense for either side. :confused: It isn't a salary dump for either team if it's james and bonzi for jackson and butler. It only makes sense as a part of a 3 way deal.

5. rawool

rawool Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yu_cOarC1_s&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yu_cOarC1_s&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its not suprising that New Orleans fans would be against the trade.

You think you don't want to mess with our chemistry? What about their team... a BETTER team... with younger stars, and tremendous chemistry.

I still see the Rockets, despite the added weapons this year, as a team that will struggle offensively in the playoffs when the attention to Yao+T-mac goes up, and the games become strictly half-court. And Bonzi hasn't been consistent enough, nor does he play all that effectively when both Yao AND T-mac are on the court at the same time.

7. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

At this point of the season, I wouldn't say they are the better team

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

and not because of their bench

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And when taking into account the Rockets schedule during this run, I would say they're the better team until proven otherwise.

And that includes them beating us twice, having possibly the best PG in the game in Chris Paul, and just smoked a "hyped" up Dallas team that thought they could ride some trade momentum.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I will be severly pissed if this trade goes through. Bonzi is the only other big perimiter player that can create his own shot. Why would you trade him for another midget guard? WE HAVE ENOUGH MIDGET GUARDS!!!!

And to a division rival at that....

I don't see how some of these moves pass the dummy test for those making key decisions.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure, they may not win the championship... but we won't be sipping any champagne either if T-mac doesn't regain a semblance of his form.

12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

if it aint part of a larger deal ...

please, JUST SAY NO!

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

by "they" do you mean the hornets that have a better record than us? do you mean the team that has the 2nd best record v. the west and that just beat the team with the #1 record v. the west (dallas)?

14. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Yes. :)

15. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

I totally agree with you. I don't want the team again become predictable and stagnant on offense. I like the ball movement now. I don't want all our role players standing still at the 3 pt line and wait for the ball. Also, having a strong body playing at guard position will cause match up problem for the opposing team.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I hate to break it to you... but the offense is scoring at about the same clip as the last three years.

The only difference this year is that more players are contributing... which will continue to be the case if a trade is made.

17. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

With all due respect Nick, that's some pretty weak logic right there. We have no choice but to ride Yao and T-Mac because they are our guys. That doesn't justify relying on another guy as equally injury prone.

18. DaRhx05

DaRhx05 Member

wat the freak why on earth Bonzi Wells? The player besides our two all-stars that is actually doing good. Especially now that Alston is doing well, Bobby jackson? It all depends on the other player we are getting. If he is useless then this trade is useless.

19. psowing200

psowing200 Member

the main point is that of we trade with hornet but is it the end?

if yes , then this is a bad trade...
    bobby jackson, he is too old and cannot play very well..and wells is the one that can give some perssure under the basket and he his drive is so important to the rocket.

if no, sure our gm is going to get miller or artest. i would support this trade..

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Did BJ won a ring with the spurs before?