1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. mms

mms Member

How could you get that? AB is a rookie and RA wants a vet pg if MJ is gone.

2. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

LMAF, if you take Bonzi away, this team needs more penetration than outside shots. Bobby Jackson? Is his outside shot even better than Head right now?

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Jackson can do more in this system than James can... and he's the better player of the two when both are healthy.

And as far as health goes... Yao + T-mac haven't managed to stay healthy for going on 3 seasons.

Jackson also is a better fit assuming T-mac regains his form. If he doesn't (and you want to keep Bonzi because of that), none of this talk matters... because New Orleans will remain to be a better team than us with a subpar T-mac.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ok so I guess your other point was that Jackson was a solid passer. He is solid and better than Luther but the guy isn't a point. He is basically a 2. He doesn't fit on the Rockets if we are trading Bonzi. He is basically another Luther at this point in his career without as good of a shot from 3. We don't need another PG/SG. We have enough players that can stretch out the D with Battier, Head, T-Mac, Brooks (his shot will come), Alston, and even Novak.

Bonzi isn't playing great but he is still a better fit. I like having a dominant rebounding team and Bonzi helps give us that. Plus Bonzi has shown a much greater willingness to drive to the hole and he is a smart passer. FWIW Bonzi and Jackson are averaging the same APG this year. Further Bonzi is still trying to play for a contract.

Trade makes zero sense.

5. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

i dont get it. so that means we are getting Jackson for MJ? :confused:

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unless Mo Pete is involved, we need to keep our only athletic wingman in Bonzi.

Bonzi is a great fit with Yao, his cuts to the rack are extremely valuable....

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Jackson's outside shooting will help, but Hornets are already a better team and Bonzi pulls them further ahead. They have no bench lets keep it that way.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

What would be so bad about James + Snyder for Jackson + Butler?

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

No way. Bonzi is getting better and better with us.

He was Mr. Hustle last night. :eek:

Bonzi was EVERYWHERE! And that hustle after that awesome block and alleyoop dunk. Bonzi has won me over as a fan.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

but it's not a salary dump if we are taking on butler. that's what i don't get.

11. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

that would be such a steal that i dont even think its even possible. two bench warmers in da dawghouse for 2 solid rotation players?!

12. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

Can't we give them Head or Snyder instead of Bonzi?

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

If this is true, the Rockets have cashed in the season, they think they have no chance in the West and are just making financial adjustments. What happened to "It's Time?" Looks like more wait to me, but for what?

14. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Bonzi is one of the only guys onthis team with balls...I dont want to see him leave.

15. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Dude, what on earth does Yao and Tmac's health has ANYTHING to do with whether you acquire another injury prone player or not? It's getting more and more ridiculous.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I didn't know Yao and T-Mac were about to be 35?

17. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Wow. Bonzi is the only swingman we've got that likes to penetrate and finish around the rim (* scoffing glare at T-Mac *).

Are we abandoning that idea? Are we resigning ourselves to surrounding Yao with nothing but outside chuckers?

18. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Don't forget about his rebounding! I like the idea of adding more shooting and a vet backup for Skip, but not at the cost of Wells. Exchange Snyder for Wells and you have a deal...

19. ak47

ak47 Member

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

so the way to combat having 2 injury-prone players is to add another integral rotation player who is also injury-prone on top of being on the wrong side of 35?

that makes so much sense it makes my head hurt.