1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy Mcgrady said he have to prove bulls in training camp that hes a starter

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TracyMcgradyMVP, Jul 26, 2010.

1. TracyMcgradyMVP

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/07/mcgrady-works-out-for-bulls.html

Tracy McGrady was scheduled to meet with Bulls management Monday afternoon after working out at the Berto Center for roughly an hour in the morning.

McGrady told reporters the Bulls represent his first choice. Contrary to published reports, Bulls management has made no final decision regarding the signing of McGrady.

A seven-time All-Star, McGrady played 30 games last season after undergoing microfracture surgery on his left knee in February 2009.

"I feel good," McGrady said at the Berto Center. "I've been battling to get back to rare form. Still coming off surgery. It's been a tough road, but I feel pretty good compared to my last game that I played in New York. I was still going through the rehab process then. I'm definitely a long ways away from what I used to look like. But I'm very confident what I'm going to be in this coming season.

"I'd fit in well. I'd bring what I know about the game and my athleticism and versatility. Knowing my smarts for the game, leadership, anything I can add to help these guys over the edge. Without me, without (Carlos) Boozer, they were a .500 club. With the guys that they added, and if you add me, I think we'll be 30 points better."

One concern regarding McGrady is whether he'd be able to accept a limited role. A source said the Bulls have even considering offering a non-guaranteed contract should they choose to pursue signing him.

McGrady was asked if he'd accept coming off the bench.

"If I was the player I was in a Knicks uniform, I would have no problem coming off the bench," he said. "But I have worked extremely hard and I'm far from that player. It's up to me in training camp to prove I'm a starter."

2. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

In before the hate.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Oh Tracy, you really are in another world.

1 person likes this.
  4. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

In before someone says he doesnt deserve it :)

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Well he is starter-worthy when he's healthy.

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

In before the McGrady Execution

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

In before someone else says "in before......."

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

in before the after

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow,
    Tracy talks just like his fans!

10. lalala902102001

"without me they are a 500 team" ...

Is that something you want to say to your team before they even sign you? Still same old Tracy...

11. 523744

523744 Member

I guess you forgot the part right after which also says BOOZER :confused: sad...

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

did he just predict that the Bulls would be 71-11 next season??

same ol' Tracy

13. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

30 games better than .500 with him and Boozer? I doubt that.

What are they if they only add Boozer? I mean, if the Clips didn't offer McGravy a contract, why would the playoff-bound, upstart Bulls?

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fixed! :p

15. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

As thankful as I am for the memories Mac has left us with in Houston, how many variations have we heard of the quote:

Every time he stakes claim that he's prepared to contribute he reveals the magical fact that he was NOT prepared the attempt prior.

Now I try to place myself in his shoes and I'm sure he just wants to get on the court as soon as the next NBA player/superstar, but no other NBA player/superstar sells his team, coach, fans and himself short by prematurely pulling the trigger.

So.. sure, a healthy T-Mac could start on any team but really.. are we ever going to see this side of T-Mac again?? Regardless if health or Tmac himself allows it

16. OvenproofBadger

Don't see anything wrong here, he is saying how alot of people may feel he is still in the form he was for the knicks, which is why alot of people say he isnt a starter. And he agrees by saying if that was the form he was in then he should be benched. However, there is nothing wrong with going into training camp with something to prove.

17. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

18. worzel gummidge

Problem is the Bulls aren't looking at him to prove anything just be able to accept a role playing off the bench. If he's already talking about starting before a contract has been offered...

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Is Chicken Little saying the sky is falling again?

Where is his Rooster Grover? I guess he realized that Tmac is full of **** now too.

DD

20. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

pretty presumptuous of him to assume that he's just going to be a starter...