1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady Retires from the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeacePeace, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

And on this day not a single f*** was given. Good riddance Scottie Pippen 2.0

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there's like 2 or three of these threads in the DISH

3. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Damn I thought it would be Decision part deux and he was taking his talents to South Beach.

4. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Thanks, TMac, for all the memories!

What's amazing is that TMac put up the kind of numbers he did while more often than not defended by double teams. When was the last time Harden got double teamed? Iggy can stop Harden. The Memphis defense can stop Harden. Heck, even Celtic Courtney Lee can slow Harden down. No one could stop TMac, primarily because TMac had that rare skill of rising above his defender on his jump shot.

In retrospect it was really a good trade for the Rockets. Steve Francis went on to have one or two more above-average NBA seasons meanwhile TMac had 4 or 5 all star level seasons for us. Even though he never won a playoff series, TMac always stepped up his level of play in the playoffs, shooting and playing better than his average (unlike Harden and Lin this past season). Off the court--TMac was a consummate professional. An all-around class act. Thanks, TMac!

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hope he joins Scottie Pippen in bankruptcy.

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lol so much hate for tmac. i still like him

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Such an awesome day when we kicked his broke back ass to NY.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he should try out for the wnba now

9. dudeimfromhtown

Why do people compare him to Scottie he actually contributed when he was here. He was a great scorer sadly injuries messed the T Mac and Yao era.

10. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I don't care.

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Because they are ignorant and don't have a clue what Pippen did and what McGrady did.

Pippen was a b**** and McGrady just got injured. Injuries happen and to rag on a player for that is just wrong.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think TMac is a villain at all. Sort of an anti-hero.

He deserves to be remembered for what he was capable of, and the impact he made for several years in the best league in the world, out of high school.

Farewell. A career that will forever be debated.

13. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

Good post, Tmac had more talent than Harden could ever dream of, at every aspect of the game. Better scorer, better passer, better defendor, better leader, and much much better finisher in clutch time. Yao was such a better C than Howard, but it's not an era for traditional C anymore. Whether Howard/Harden could work out better than Tmac/Yao, we shall see. It's a god damn tragedy both Tmac and Yao 's career were ruined by inguries during their prime. But when ppl hating on Tmac to a ridiculous level, it just makes me angry.

1 person likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Thanks for all you did for the Rockets. Thanks for making this team relevant again - for all the great wins like 13 in 35 or certain wins I remember against the Suns, Jazz, Mavs, lakers and spurs(13 in 35).

Too bad the Rox did NOT put enough depth, talent and shooting around you and Yao to topple teams like Jazz, Lakers or Mavs. Too bad your boy Yao had injury problems as well.

Have a great retirement and manage your money wisely. Your natural basketball talents are well documented and I regret that you never had the depth needed to get deep into the playoffs and do great things in the postseason.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#15 Tfor3, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The TMac era was bittersweet, but he aint no Quitten.

Dude actually wanted to be in Houston enough to torpedo a trade...

Wish he was less hurt, less lazy, and less of a headcase, but he had some good moments here.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

He's not Walter White, he's more like like Betty White.

17. jocar

jocar Member

^Every time he takes it to the rim. And it's more like 3 or 4 guys he's weaving through to get there. Watch games much?

18. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

I still find it weird that he left Orlando when they had the first pick in the draft that turned out to be Howard. Not saying Howard is better than yoa by any means, but I would think he would have wanted to stick it out another season just to see

19. tinman

Supporting Member

when he left Toronto, they won a playoff series
    when he left Orlando, they rebuilt and went to the nba finals
    when he DNPed the season in Houston, the Rockets won a playoff series
    when he left the Knicks, the Knicks finally got to the playoffs

1 person likes this.