1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady makes Hall of Fame on April Fool's Day (Rudy snubbed again)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Apr 1, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not on the defensive end. And Harden is not able to rally from a medium large deficit within 35 seconds and win it.

Harden would be thrilled to have a McGrady and McGrady would have been glad to take Harden from the platter.

Not a thing!

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Oh thats right, the defense the McGrady played and left in Canada like you said earlier.

Maybe McGrady thought it was a cultural thing to play defense in Canada, but not in USA?

Haha...the classic 35 second defense for McGrady which happened once in a regular season game. Wish the poor chap could pull the 35 second miracle in the playoffs. I mean, he did get 8 shots when it comes to series and, how many games per series, and yet no record found?

Your desperation is at an all time high. Keep going! =)

#222 Zboy, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not that.

He has the length that Harden does not possess unless he grows his arm length and he is 6'9 which technically makes him suitable to play PF, but he himself dismissed the idea.

I do not have desperation on my side because you cannot take away the HOF induction.

I am just bored and if you wanted to stop you could stop at any time. I do not have any ill sentiments toward your ilk.

On the contrary, I find you guys highly entertaining.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Are you and some other posters suggesting that the heart of a champion needed inspiration from the quitting of a player?

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

And there lies the conundrum for McGrady apologists.

Despite all his physical attributes and talents he possessed as a player, and that which they like to boast about, he still could not muster his team past the first round in 8 tries!

Which is why he is one of the biggest losers in NBA history.

Carry on!

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yes.

A lot of people say that he was distracting the team and was causing drama about losing playing time to Clyde at that point.

7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually Andre Miller was 0 of 9 until he finally got there with Wizards. He finished his career as 1 of 11. He should be a shoo in then...

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Well then, He has my vote!

Fair is fair.

[​IMG]

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

And thats not sac religious to say. I didnt see it but my dad and roomates did.

According to them, that team got a shot in the arm when he left. They all got behind Clyde and became a unified team. Before that, they werent playing that great.

I didnt see it so i dont know. Thats why i asked tinman to get his opinion compared to my dads and roomates view

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And that sums up McGrady in a nutshell. He had the potential to be a top 10 GOAT, but never put in the work to realize that potential. He joined us when he was 25 years old. As a player, did he improve at all during his tenure as a Rocket?

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

WRONG. He won 2 playoff series. He was on the Rockets roster when they beat LA in the first round, and he was on the Spurs roster when they went on their typical deep playoff run.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes he did. Tmac wasn't a playmaker in Orlando. In Houston he became the best playmaking wing in the NBA during his generation of superstars.
    Tmac definitely wasn't the hard worker Kobe or Jordan were, but to act like he was a bum is just ridiculous.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Some players can't even get into the playoffs. This is the type of BS that tilts me, remember when Pau Gasol couldn't win a playoff series on the Grizzlies? Dude couldn't even win a single game! What a loser!

Then he gets traded to LA and suddenly the Lakers who are a 0.500 team go on a tear and reach the NBA finals. OMG, LA really turned Gasol from a loser to a true franchise player and 2 time champion. Amazing!

Btw here are Tmac's career playoff stats:

22.2 pts 5.7 rebs 5.0 assists 0.512% TS

My god he really stunk it up and dragged Rafer Alston, Juwon Howard, Shane Battier and Moochie Norris down :rolleyes:

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

NBA HOF first ballot, multi millionaire and several time all star, and now even has a post playing media career is one of the biggest losers in NBA history?

LMAO ah yes, welcome to CF and the most OA posters on the net.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Of course he was. Look at his assist numbers. He was a point-forward in Orlando. Also, can you be more specific in terms of skillset? "Playmaker" is extremely subjective.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

He wasn't really a point forward in Orlando, his assists in Orlando were "Westbrick esque" in that he just held the ball a lot of the time that's why he had those assists, similar to how Stephon Marbury, Allen Iverson and Steve Francis had respectable assist numbers even if the didn't know how to set people up. In Houston though he learned how to properly run a team and his teammates esp. Yao complemented his passes several in interviews. Tmac was the scoring leader in Orlando but I don't recall him being heart and soul of the offense like in Houston, maybe if he wasn't passing the ball to the like of Juwon Howard and Rafer Alston he'd have more assists during his time in Houston, he certainly generated a ton of open looks for those guys.

TBH, it's also hard to gauge his progress via stats because after his first year in Houston Tmac's performance started deteriorating little by little due to his own health issues and his own laziness. So the fact that his assists has remained the same despite his declining performance shows his skills has actually been improving as his athleticism, speed, quickness etc. has been eroding. I'm not blind to Tmac's fault, he isn't MJ or Kobe or Tim Duncan. But at the same time, there's a wide gap between guys like those and trash, you can not be as good as the best players in NBA history but still not suck or still be considered a very good NBA player. It's the same in real life, you can be the best financial investor in the history of your company but still not be as good as Warren Buffet.

I mean just look at the **** Zboy has been saying, Tmac is the biggest loser in NBA history? Really? A HOF first ballot is the biggest loser in NBA history? Majority of players don't even make it in the HOF! When you read stuff that's just BS like that then you'll never have a good discussion because the posters here are OA

#236 roslolian, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Touchy touchy....

0-8

Not NBA finals.

1st round

------> One of the biggest losers in NBA history.

Those are just facts. I am truly sorry. =(

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is 2-9. Get your facts straight.

It's fine if you troll but use reality and don't make **** up. thanks.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah, those two were ones where he was riding the pine

Ouch!

[​IMG]

Even more damning lulz....

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

So what? He's still not 0-8 which is what your main point is, is it not?

So he's no 0-8, he's a multi all star, he's a millionaire who isn't broke, he ha sa post playing career and he's a first ballot hall of fame? How's he the NBA's biggest loser again?