1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady makes Hall of Fame on April Fool's Day (Rudy snubbed again)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Apr 1, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look in the history books and rafters of every team.
    It must suck to know your favorite player is a hall of famer and never won any playoff series when he was a starter.

But I'm happy you are happy.

You realize this was never a discussion when Hall of Famers who were winners.

For example, is there a "Hakeem Olajuwon never led any team past the first round of the playoffs?" thread?
    NO and NEVER WILL THERE BE ONE

There are lots of players in the hall of fame, but you can omit Tracy McGrady as one who helped the Rockets in the playoffs win anything.

Zboy and Ramo$e like this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Starters: Giricek, Vaughn, DeClerkc, Gooden, McGrady. Bench: Armstrong, Garrity, Whitney, Kemp, Burke, Hunter, Sasser.

Pistons: Wallace, Billups, Hamilton, Curry, Robinson. Bench: Prince, Barry, Okur, Williamson, Atkins.

McGrady: 30+ PPG and One of the highest PER of all time.

Please answer my prior question, thanks. Anything else would mean you admit talking nonsense and are not able to back it up.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

ZERO PLAYOFF SERIES VICTORIES WITH THE ROCKETS

PER IN the 2nd round, WCF, Finals = ZERO

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Our 2007 squad was more talented than than Jazz', but McGrady simply didn't shoot well that series. 39.4% from the field, 25% from the 3, and 73.7% from the ft line.

I didn't realize McGrady was so terrible from the free throw line. A career average of 74.6%, and he only hit 80% once (80.1% in 2009 when he played 35 games).

Has any star wing ever shot worse than McGrady from the free throw line? Or is he the worst?

Zboy and tinman like this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Really wish users that intentionally don't answer and reply with non-related topics would be banned. Makes a legit discussion impossible and drags this forum down.

Dr. Morbid likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

All player only fans should be banned

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks for the facts
    The Rockets fans appreciate this

Zboy likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Remember how tinman always screams “ANSWER MY QUESTION“ when asking some nonsense, but when you ask him, there's never a real answer and just random gibberish? Wonder why he does that.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

LeBron James and James Harden and Kobe Bryant would have EASILY taken those Rockets teams past the first round of the playoffs.
    EASILY. Even Allen Iverson would too.

Zboy and Ramo$e like this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thanks for still not answering.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

If we had never traded Steve Francis and Cuttino for Tmac, we would still possibly never win any playoff series.
    But we would lose ALL of the TOFs on Clutchfans... That would be a Rockets Mass Effect game choice

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

13. tinman

Supporting Member

If I had the power to change history , I would have DEFINITELY made McGrady win some playoff series with the Rockets, so the Tmac Only fans would stop making endless excuses for his failures

But I don't have that power, I'm only human. But fortunately I get to watch JAMES HARDEN play who has done way more for the Rockets and will be in the hall of fame and have his jersey retired by the team.
    I'm certain of this.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The midget Derek Fisher and that farmer Matt Harpring had McGrady locked up. Made life miserable for him.

It was embarrassing to watch McGrady struggle against Fisher's post defense.

tinman likes this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah, who could've predicted that tinman would never answer and instead start talking about TOFs and other non-related stuff.

Sad.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Possibly, but I think we were well on our way to winning a series, the Tmac deal, and Yao's injuries slowed our playoff hopes for years...Francis and Mobley were Allstars at the time. Only when they left Houston did they start to deteriorate.

It was hopeful at best but they only got one year with Yao, and lost to Lakers as the 8th seed. We would have only gotten better. Tmac is fustrating because he gets your hopes up, then mentally collapses, and then his basketball games goes with it. Atleast Mobley and Francis always competed.

tinman likes this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mobley, Francis, and Yao were surprisingly competitive against the Shaq Kobe Lakers in the first round.

Ramo$e and tinman like this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sounds a lot like Carmelo Anthony. Why don't you kiss his ass. Someone should send you a Stockton WCF game winner picture

20. tinman

Supporting Member

When did Carmelo make the NBA finals?

Well, I'm a true Rockets fan, a 99er, the best of the best, so I don't like the Jazz.

It's not an opinion that Stockton led his team to playoff success, it's the facts. I didn't bring up Stockton.

But Carmelo is a good choice for comparison to McGrady, however Carmelo doesn't have a dedicated fanbase like McGrady.
    McGrady has lots of fans because the population needed someone to rival Kobe, who was a superior player.

Ramo$e likes this.