1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center vs NRG stadium food

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Nov 19, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Cheap ass Tilman...

apollo33 and rockets13champs like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Only one has a coach that understands offense.

DD

tinman, Jturbofuel, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

$15.50 for a brisket sandwich? Wtf

5. SemisolidSnake

I've only been to NRG once, and I didn't eat anything there.

Last year, I took an out-of-state friend to Toyota Center, and it was probably the most depressing sports food experience I've had. Expensive and mediocre food even beyond most sports venues and worse than previous experiences at TC a few years ago, which weren't all that great in their own right. If I'd had known, I'd have figured out some plans for us to eat ahead of time, even if it was just me bringing sandwiches and us eating outside. Pretty embarrassing.

6. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

The HTX grill downstairs usually has some good food. But yeah, most of the other stuff is not worth the calories nor the money.

hvic likes this.
  7. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Wow. Houston has such an amazing, diverse food scene and this is the boring, overpriced garbage we serve in toyota center?

How about some bomba*** al pastor tacos or maybe some banh mi, or why not even some sichuan or indian food??

If it was me, I would partner up with a bunch of local restaurants, let them run their show and sell delicious food at reasonable prices. Of course, greedy a*** Tillman would never allow some local vendors to partner up and share in the profits.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Tillman does not want to pay the Janitors OT for cleaning bathrooms after 20,000 people have spicy curry every game.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Toyota Center food is absolute trash. I usually avoid eating there unless I am craving popcorn. Even the popcorn is trash though lol.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Makes no sense, I've lived in NYC, LA, and New Orleans, and grew up in Houston, I still think we have some of the best fatty food on the planet and thats all that should be at a Stadium. How do you mess that up.

I literally start planning where I will eat in November when I come home for Christmas

BigShasta and rockets13champs like this.
  11. rockets13champs

That’s what the WARRIORS DID IN SF. But we don’t do that **** in Houston.

tinman likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

#FireBillObrien

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Before you praise the Warriors too much, why don't you go look up their ticket prices and see how fans feel about them.

(I agree that this would be a cool idea for food. But I will not stand idly by while someone praises the glory whores. :cool:)

Roxfreak724 likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

everything tilman touches turns to mold

Little Bit likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

I hate the warriors but I’m not afraid to show someone respect when respect is due. If the warriors do something right I’m not gonna deny it. Bringing local food trunks and giving them a 2nd spot in arena 41 nights of the year isn’t a bad thing. Tilman can get a local taco truck or a local sandwich truck and have them have a concession, and get him the extra employees he needs for those 41 nights.

16. SuraGotMadHops

The Summit had a freakin Whataburger in it. Now that was what I'm talking about man.

Ketchup&Mustard likes this.