1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center needs to be like this.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 18, 2019.

1. fattz

fattz Member

Random thought:
    Is it possible the seat’s owner are in China and that is why the venue looks the way it does and why they are empty.—> Hard to make it to the game from the other side of the world. The Rockets got there payment on the seat just no one is there because of distance and now politics. The organization never cries to sell tickets because the tickets are already sold.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can't believe I'm saying this but tinman speaks troof

cur.ve likes this.
  3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I was definitely about to say the same thing. It’s not often xenophobic fakes are actually correct lmao.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

;):D

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its apples to apples when comparing how involved fans are for Astros/Texans games vs. Rockets games.

Why is Houston more passionate about those teams than the Rockets? Plenty of reasons... but regardless of the ultimate one, it's held true since ~ 2000.

6. macan

macan Member

a championship would probably help

LUK3 likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was designed to make money for concessions and alcohol and luxury suites

Les

8. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

I agree, throughout their history they never changed their core identity. The team feels like it belongs to them (New York).... for awhile The Rockets didn’t feel apart of HOUSTON. Maybe we get that feeling back this year with all the recent China fallout.

Dgn1, tinman and rockets13champs like this.
  9. rockets13champs

Blessing in disguise?

10. smp

smp Member

I won’t spend what it takes to get me and my family lower bowl seats. I guess the people that are willing to spend that much money are either old and boring or just corporate guests who don’t really care about the team.

For example, I have a vendor that invites me to Astro’s games in his company suite. I’m rarely in the seats during the game. I don’t really cheer and watch the game very closely. Instead, I’m talking with friends and eating and drinking too much. I settle in to my seat at the end of the game if it’s close. I don’t really care about the Astros but I go to the game because the rest of the experience is fun.

You could limit corporate tickets to the luxury suites and lower the prices on the lower bowl and that would help the atmosphere but it would be less revenue for the owner. You could close down the lounges during the game but that would be less revenue as well.

The bottom line is the stadium is built and priced to make the most money possible. It is not built and priced to create the best fan atmosphere. There’s a ton of loud Rockets fans in the upper bowl. They just won’t pay what it costs to sit in the lower bowl.

That’s my thoughts anyway.

rpr52121, malakas and tinman like this.
  11. magichat281

magichat281 Member

what would help if we turn off the lights in the arena. I hate the lights im a vampire. But yea you cant compare msg and staples to toyota.

Dgn1 likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Especially when you go to Toyota center and all the ads are in Chinese for Chinese products not available in Houston
    Also I feel they wore the jerseys that say rockets and never the one that says Houston in the front

13. rockets13champs

I like this. To increase our atmosphere @tilman and his son @patrickferitita should do this

14. magichat281

magichat281 Member

why isnt she like kate upton?

15. rockets13champs

Kate Upton overrated as hell. Harden needs to get on Olivia Culpo

16. magichat281

magichat281 Member

stop lying. You know you would still hit it if she let you. You a god damn lie if you said no you wouldnt.

17. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

And a blond wig

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Give it up. Toyota Center will never be (as the kids say) 'lit'.

19. rockets13champs

Tilman is a garbage owner

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

I went to MMP once in 2013 iirc. Dont remember it being like MSG. In fact it doesn't even compared to the empty corporate lowe bowls of your typical Rockets game