1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

torn calf muscle

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by leroy, Mar 22, 2017.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If you had a complete achilles rupture then you shouldn't have been able to walk anywhere close to normally, which is an immediate "oh s*** doctor time" sign.

Glad you got it checked out regardless.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Sorry to hear that, I was worried when you described the injury it was an Achilles.. It runs decent length. But hey... On the bright side you got the winning goal :) I freaking dislocated my ankle playing bball few years back going up for a block and it wasn't a game winning play... That sucked... Basically tore up a lot of my ankle. Amazingly no broken bones, but would have rather broken it due it taking forever, like 6+ months recovery !!

Anyway, I hope you have a fast recovery! Surgery might be worth getting 2nd opinion on if you decide to do it (because of tendon etc), and like you mention might help avoid reinjury but it also really depends on how active you are (and if reinjury did occur if you'd be okay, I know rehab on my ankle sucked), and also if you find good surgeon that doesn't break the bank :)

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Obvy he has Mamba blood flowing through his veins. Only those cut from the Kobe ilk can walk with a ruptured achilles.

Glad you got it diagnosed but sorry bout the diagnosis leroy. Hope it heals well with no surgery so you can get back out there on the pitch.

leroy likes this.
  4. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

I did the same thing running hills. Thought I'd been shot. Hurt like hell and I had a mile long walk to get back to my car.
    About a month before I was back to 100%.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I haven't been walking anywhere near normally. Now, I'm in a boot which helps the injured leg but is causing problems on the other side. I don't own any shoes that come close to matching up, height wise.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

That'll happen with a boot for sure. Limit your activity to minimize compensation injuries.

In your OP you made it sound like you had an ouchie, not that you had a debilitating injury that basically made it impossible to move :eek:

7. leroy

So, I'm just a few days away from finally being out of this boot. I had been having to wear short-man lifts in my right shoe to compensate for the height difference. Had a checkup the other day and the Dr. was pleasantly surprised at how well it seems to be scarring over and healing. I still don't have any strength in my foot/ankle but I can walk on it almost normally. I was going to therapy 3x a week but the dr told me to back off about a month ago and just do the exercises that I can do at home. I have a vacation coming up in a couple of weeks so I"m going to hold off starting rehab until after that. By then, I should be able to do more strengthening exercises as my calf has atrophied quite a bit.

One of my close friends had the same injury on his right side and he chose surgery. I see him in a cast and on crutches. I'm glad I didn't go that route. At least with the boot, I'm able to be somewhat mobile and the outcome should be the same. I'm especially glad mine was on my left so I can still drive. He won't be driving for months.

I can't wait until I can run again. I'm dying a slow death without being able to play soccer.

K mf G likes this.
  8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I feel your pain. Immobility sucks donkey balls. I hope you get better soon.

leroy likes this.
  9. leroy

Thanks...same to you.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I rolled my ankle pretty bad a few weeks back and felt a pop. I'm almost back to 100% now, but this thread came to mind right after it happened.