1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top ten things you hate about the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crazyguypete, Dec 11, 2007.

1. crazyguypete

crazyguypete Member

So I was watching the rebroadcasting of the Rockets game (my life's schedule is on a different schedule then most) and was soo depressed by the game I began making a list of the top ten things I hate most about the Rockets this season. So here are mine in no particular order.

1. T mac not playing defense
    2. The absurd amount of lay ups the Rockets are giving up this season
    3. Yao's immobility. I don't blame Yao for this but it keeps him from rebounding well.
    4. Best pg on this roster is Rafer Alston. Say what you want about Rafer's piss poor field goal shooting this season but he gets the team in its offense and plays decent defense. Francis is good in short bursts but overall plays reckless and brainless. James plays like he is the greatest basketball player in the world which he is not.
    5. JVG getting axed. I loved this team under Van Gundy. Last year had this team's best player played as hard as Van Gundy coached we would of been in the conference finals.
    6. T Mac laughing when the team is down. It pisses me off as a fan to see that when this team is down I'm throwing things on the floor, kicking walls, and cursing and T mac who is getting paid to play is laughing.
    7. T mac taking pull ups instead of driving into the paint. The way the NBA is called now, if you drive and are good you will get to the free throw line.
    8. Free throw shooting. Seriously, you get paid to play basketball, is it that hard to make free throws?
    9. Luther Head not playing. I have loved Luther from day one. Too much is made of him and his bad play last season in the post season. Luther had a couple of bad games in the post season but overall has been hard working, clutch and omg can make a jump shot.
    10. Clyde Drexler. From the same people that brought you Cynthia Cooper.

2. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

1) R
    2) I
    3) C
    4) K

5) A
    6) D
    7) E
    8) L
    9) M
    10) A
    11) N

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

winner

4. pumbum

pumbum Member

1) everytime bullard says - "Kay stop right there" on his analysis of plays. It's annoying.
    2) TMac's dramatics when getting hurt
    3) TMac yelling "HEEEYYY!" everytime he drives to the hoop - his attempt to get the refs attention to call a foul.
    4) Mike James yelling "HEEEYYY!" everytime he drives to the hoop - his attempt to get the refs attention to call a foul.
    5) Yao's "aww shucks" finger snap whenever he's "mad".
    6) Tmac heat checks - they are the dumbest shots and you just know when they're coming.
    7) battier < gay, stro
    8) the fact that currently, nobody has the talent or leadership on this team to put games away consistently
    9) uniforms -bring back the jerseys from the championship days
    10) the rockets starting 5 - i'd like RA to give Francis, Wells, TMac, Scola and Yao a try.

Looking forward to watching them turn things around - I know were better than a .500 team.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Bandwagon fans X 10.

6. Red1

Red1 Member

in no paticular order

1) RA's substituting patterns
    2)our entry passes into to the post suck
    3) our shooters are either hot are not, they cant never just hit the shots there suppose to hit with any type of consistency.
    4)when T-Mac does not have the ball in his hands(defence counts also) he seems like he just stands there
    5) T-Macs free throw woe's
    6)we get hung up on one side of the floor to much, weather it be strong or weak side
    7)With a 7'6 center, and one of the top 5 talents in the L, we rarely create match up problems for the opposing team
    8)we have no alternate uni's
    9)the most enthusiastic player on our team is also the oldest
    10)we are not the most feared team in Texas ( i have family in both Dallas and San Antonio)

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

10 -M
    -9- O
    -8- N
    -7- E
    -6- Y

-5- B
    -4- A
    -3- L
    -2- L
    -1- !

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I love my Rockets.

Don't have a top 10, just don't like when they lose. It's not them.. it's those other teams that sucks for winning. Damn them straight to Antarctica!

9. kwng

kwng Member

Years of rocket with JVG and now Adelman, I noticed Rockets is turning into
    a bricking machine. Missing open shots are a norm and it hurts a lot because
    we cannot perform well we cannot score on open shots. I am not sure whose fault is this or how to fix it. Recent games, Yao, our most efficient scorer who
    hardly miss any 5-10 footers in last 5 years in NBA has joined the bricking group too.

A lot posters blame he is not rebounding, he is often at high post, he is not good at this or that, to me, he has been very very good in scoring particularly in low post but now he too is bricking. IF the Rockets cannot or would not play defense or with intensity at least hit those open shots like the Suns or Mavericks, and we can still compete. CAN Adelman fix this bricking machine? JVG can't. I still remembered when we are not bricking like some matches last year ie. in our first match against Dallas or the one against 76ers last year where we won 50 pts. Such memories are so nice .. we would hit almost every open shots and everything we throw would go in when there an open shot.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Missing Lay Ups

Rocket River

11. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

You know about the JVG one. JVG had only 1 problem and that was not trusting enough players.

Honestly if JVG kept Bonzi out of the doghouse and took a chance with Vspan (yes VSpan), the Rockets could have conceivably made a real run at the Championship.

Fact of the Matter:
    -JVG played Rafer 44 minutes (playing Vspan for 10-15 minutes a game would have been PLENTY to keep rafer running team good for 30).
    -We needed 1 more scorer vs. Utah (ummm Bonzi).

Those things combined we (I believe) could have taken GS and Utah, then SA could have been beaten (with Bonzi the Spurs killer) and yea then the Cavs... a joke.

Oh well :-/

12. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

1.F
    2.A
    4.E

5.A
    6.S
    7.S

8.F
    9.A
    10.N s

13. BigRox11

BigRox11 Member

Hindsight 20/20.

14. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Word.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or he didnt have enough player to trust!. He trusted chuck hayes, trusted luther head, trusted rafer, etc etc. Not trusting a guy in the D-league and another who isnt in the NBA is hardly a valid criticism.

if bonzi had actually tried and then not quit. maybe. Dude has said it was more about him than jvg.

v-span. HA! thats hilarious. Can't believe people still think hecould actually help.

you do remember that bonzi ultimately called and quit...right?

v-gina 10-15 minutes in the utah series...rockets lose in 5

16. dback816

dback816 Member

What most people need are just some minutes

I think if VSpan had gotten some good minutes and developed during the regular season, he could've contributed alot to the Utah series.

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I love the Rockets no matter what, but I am extremely frustrated with what I'm seeing this year.

1. Lack of commitment and heart.
    2. Mike James
    3. McGrady's nonchalant "drive" to take this team further
    4. Steve's October and November
    5. Mike James
    6. Team-wide defensive apathy
    7. Adelman not taking everyone to task for the wretched efforts
    8. Mike James
    9. Adelman not giving Brooks more of a look by benching all of the other PGs
    10. Mike James

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I don't know if I could come up with 10 but the things that bother me the most about the Rockets are:

1) the stupid, stupid Rudy Gay trade (that one will bother me forever)
    2) how damn brittle and fragile McGrady is - dude is getting hurt all the time; gets old after awhile. I wish the Rockets would trade him before it gets to the point he can't play at all.
    3) I also despise how the Rockets can't do anything without McGrady and Yao in the game. Other teams (the good ones) survive when missing a superstar (see the Spurs without Duncan against the Jazz), but the Rockets can't.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There's only one thing I hate about the team, and that's the lack of leadership.

We're not going to get anywhere without a strong personality who can inspire and get others to listen to him.

We lost two people who were really the only vocal leaders on this team a year ago -- Jeff Van Gundy and Juwan Howard.

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He might have to do that now, and Brooks is still the great hope ... but why would T-Mac play with Brooks? AB is a rookie and certainly isn't pass-first. If the way T-Mac plays with Francis and James is any indicator, then I wouldn't expect much effort from T-Mac if he was in there with Brooks. We may just be stuck to Rafer Alston Hell for a long, long time.