1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 10 Plays from Title runs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jturbofuel, May 18, 2020.

  1. Jturbofuel

    Jturbofuel Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Messages:
    3,315
    Likes Received:
    1,232
    I don't care if we've seen them before because they never get old.

     
    xiki, tonyt8605, pippendagimp and 2 others like this.
  2. Jturbofuel

    Jturbofuel Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Messages:
    3,315
    Likes Received:
    1,232
    Game 7 1995 Western Conference Semifinals vs Suns


     
    D-rock likes this.
  3. Jturbofuel

    Jturbofuel Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Messages:
    3,315
    Likes Received:
    1,232
    1995 Western Conference Finals Game 6 vs Spurs


     
    D-rock likes this.
  4. Jturbofuel

    Jturbofuel Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Messages:
    3,315
    Likes Received:
    1,232
  5. Jturbofuel

    Jturbofuel Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Messages:
    3,315
    Likes Received:
    1,232
    1995 NBA Finals Game 4 vs Orlando

     
  6. rimrocker

    rimrocker Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 1999
    Messages:
    20,173
    Likes Received:
    2,614
    Missing the ridiculous Dream dunk vs the Knicks. It was that play that created certainty in my mind that the Rockets would be champions.
     
  7. lnchan

    lnchan LeonardTX26
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2010
    Messages:
    3,779
    Likes Received:
    4,428
    So remind me why did we trade Horry...?
     
  8. pippendagimp

    pippendagimp Member

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2000
    Messages:
    24,767
    Likes Received:
    15,564
    nice but the choice of some of the first few plays here were headscratching. where is maxwell's game 7 three? clyde's left corner 4th Q three at UTA game 5? dream's turnaround J off the glass in the final minutes at UTA game 5? clyde's UTA game 4 at the summit 4th Q dunk over 3 jizz players, from the other side of the rim? horry's game 7 dunk off the inbounds pass over oakley? dream's game 5 turnaround 20 footer over both robinson and vinny of the black? dream killing sperms basically any shot?
     
    Patience likes this.
  9. Patience

    Patience Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2002
    Messages:
    5,262
    Likes Received:
    2,858
    Yeah, I mean these are all great, but as you mentioned they are missing easily 5 of the most important / iconic plays from those two years. Especially weird is missing the Maxwell 3 which essentially won Houston it's first championship ever. That should really be #1.
     
    dmenacela and pippendagimp like this.
  10. pippendagimp

    pippendagimp Member

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2000
    Messages:
    24,767
    Likes Received:
    15,564
     
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 1999
    Messages:
    24,403
    Likes Received:
    3,463
    Some underrated plays.

    1. Drexler steals the ball from Stockton to lead comeback in game 5 '95.
    2. Kenny Smith hits his first shot in game 7 against the Knicks. He really needed that.
    3. Robert Horry dunk to start game 7. Sets the tone.
    4. Scott Brooks leading the cheers on the bench
    5. Drexler Coast to Coast Orlando
     
  12. francis 4 prez

    francis 4 prez Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2001
    Messages:
    21,100
    Likes Received:
    2,814
    i think most underrated ever is hakeem's game tying shot at the end of game 5 against phoenix in 1995. there's 10 seconds left, barkley has just missed 2 ft's, the rockets are still down 2. the entire title defense rests on this one shot. at that moment, the rockets probably had a 30% chance of scoring, 70% chance of keeping phoenix from scoring, 50% chance of winning in OT, and less than 25% to win the next 2 games, much less the 2 series after that. if espn had a title odds tracker like they have game odds trackers now, i bet we were under 1%. then hakeem turns, double pumps in the air, and drains it to force OT and the rest is history.
     
    PhiSlammaJamma and basso like this.
  13. francis 4 prez

    francis 4 prez Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2001
    Messages:
    21,100
    Likes Received:
    2,814
    you don't remember kenny smith making a random and-1 layup more than maxwell's title clinching shot?
     
    Patience and pippendagimp like this.
  14. Reeko

    Reeko Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2017
    Messages:
    17,985
    Likes Received:
    44,141
    Mario Elie’s Kiss of Death made Rockets fans moist
     
  15. Jturbofuel

    Jturbofuel Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Messages:
    3,315
    Likes Received:
    1,232
    Regular Season vs Jazz. This was a little before the Drexler trade.


     
    francis 4 prez likes this.
  16. Jturbofuel

    Jturbofuel Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Messages:
    3,315
    Likes Received:
    1,232
  17. Jturbofuel

    Jturbofuel Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Messages:
    3,315
    Likes Received:
    1,232
  18. Jturbofuel

    Jturbofuel Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Messages:
    3,315
    Likes Received:
    1,232
  19. Jturbofuel

    Jturbofuel Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Messages:
    3,315
    Likes Received:
    1,232
  20. smoothie_king

    smoothie_king Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2007
    Messages:
    2,867
    Likes Received:
    503
    Don't forget Kenny Smith hitting first shot against Phoenix game 7 in 1995.

    Alot of times, rockets used a 'ghost post' quick set up to fool other team waiting on olajuwon to flood the paint. The 2008-2009 team did that too with Yao Ming.
     
Loading...

Share This Page

  • About ClutchFans

    Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

  • Support ClutchFans!

    If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!


    Upgrade Now