1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

tony mejia (cbs sportsline) west prediction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cmpatel, Jan 24, 2008.

1. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

" San Antonio will wind up at the top, edging the New Orleans Hornets and Dallas Mavericks, who will be left to duel in the matchup of 4 and 5 seeds. Phoenix and Denver will hang on to the division leads both currently hold, taking seeds Nos. 2 and 3. Utah will rally from being out of the playoffs at the halfway point of the season to earn sixth, setting up a grudge match with Denver, while the Warriors will end up seventh and draw the Suns in what should be a circus of a first-round series. The No. 8 spot will come down to the final night of the regular season, where the L.A. Lakers will deny Houston. Cinderella Portland will end up three games back of an unexpected playoff appearance, gaining valuable stretch run experience in spite of its failure."

http://sportsline.com/columns/story/10597842/2

Just wanted you guys to see what others are predicting as of now....its time for the Rockets to show everyone on this pivotal 3 game span that we are making the playoffs!!!

2. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

1. Dallas
    2. New Orleans
    3. Phoenix
    4. San Antonio
    5. Denver
    6. Lakers
    7. Utah
    8. Golden State

Golden State, Utah, LA, and SA win Round 1.

Golden State and LA win Round 2.

La wins Round 3.

Celtics win Championship.

3. d.wang

d.wang Member

Never liked Tony Meija's analyses. He's a douchebag.

4. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

I will deny his face when we make the playoffs

5. Classic

Classic Member

Those seedings are impossible. ;)

6. FFz

FFz Member

lol he prob hates houston cause last year i kept spamming his email with Yao Ming. Just Yao Ming... over and over and over again. Sometimes randomly when i got bored.

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

You're pretty cool.

8. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

DO IT AGAIN!

9. battousai

battousai Member

It's hard to predict the future, but if we look at the first half of the season and make educated guess. (unless unforeseen injuries happened)

1. Dallas, I foresee dallas would turn up their sloppy game
    2. Phoenix, Their defense in the playoffs would be their biggest problem.
    3. San Antonio, turn in up in playoffs time
    4. Denver, only because portland is too young of a team
    5. New Orleans, I foresee one or two injuries happen
    6. Golden State, they can even get to 5th seed the way they are playing now
    7. Lakers, losing byrum for 2 months will hurt, kobe is the key
    8. Either Utah or Rockets, I want rockets, but Utah has less of a problem then us to overcome.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This guy clearly screwed up because we are playing the Clippers on the last day of the regular season. I think he thought we were playing the Lakers.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so is LA going to the finals :D

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Based on things as they are now, not an unrealistic analysis, but many things could change and I hope they do.

13. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

The closest you can get which IS possible is New Orleans making the finals. All Hail Chris Paul!

14. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

hahahaha. Thats pretty funny.

15. poprocks

poprocks Member

Lakers are going on a slide with all their injuries. Portland his hitting the tough part of the schedule and I expect them to slide too. San Antonio is sucking right now so we might actually be able to catch them. Golden State will go up. Mav stay right where they are. Hornets? I can't believe they are maintaining their position but there they are. I expect Utah to come on strong in the remaining half of the season. Nuggets, well they could be very tough and I expect them in the Playoffs as the 6th or 7th seed. Rockets gel and begin playing well after the all-star game. Expect them to slide in at the 7th or 8th seed.