1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tonights game brought back memories of JVG offense.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chef_Monteur, Nov 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tonight's game reminded me that we run the same offense as George Karl. They are identical.

2. stefanb

stefanb Member

Another pointless thread...:(

3. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

you shut your
    w**** mouth
    op. jvg is a made man. don't ever insult jvg by comparing him to mchale:mad:

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Cleverly disguised Rick the Ruler should come back thread

5. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Yeah but Nuggets players seemed to have a little extra "pep" in there step tonight. Probably eager to return home and enjoy the new "system" they are running.:cool:

1 person likes this.
  6. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Nuggets just have more talent and depth than we do. The fact that they can get away with running a **** offense against us does not excuse the fact that it is still a **** offense.

7. heypartner

So you admit that this offense is more like George Karl than JVG, right? This thread would have been a lot better and smarter had you'd recognized tonight that both teams run the same offense. It's nowhere close to what JVG ran with Yao.

so sigh

8. heypartner

Denver's new "system" is a pipe dream. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  9. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

What I said was that tonights offensive performance reminds me of some of the games I watched when JVG was the coach here. I never said that the offense is EXACTLY the same. I just said that the flow of the game was very similar, where you have guys standing on the perimeter dominating the ball with not much movement or passing, which is exactly the way JVG ran the offense when he was coaching here.

Reading comprehension ftw!

10. heypartner

I know what you said and why you said it. No reading comprehension fail at all. Do you want to talk or not?

The two offenses you saw tonight are identical, and you could have made a thread about that, but you wanted to bash not only one coach but two (JVG) instead.

We can have a talk about the differences between McHale/Karl and JVG, but I'm not really interested in talking to you about it now, because you just want to bash Rockets coaches.

You failed to see that Denver and the Rockets (as of now) run identical offenses until I pointed it out to you and then you said essentially "Well, that means Denver sucks too."

So, you are bashing McHale, JVG and George Karl in this thread. right? Own up to that fact, because that is exactly what you said.

bottomline: I wanted to start a thread after the game that Karl is running the same offense and discuss similarities. I knew the GARM wasn't ready for real talk about offenses...we just want to bash and move on to the next game and not learn anything

11. slickster

slickster Member

OMG, what a piss poor offense. Running the offense through Asik in the post is about as smart as hiring Rosie O' Donnell to headline at a strip club.

So, Mchale has two brilliant plays:

-harden iso (fail).

-dump it into scoring machines asik and cole. Mega fail.

Let's not forget his other brilliant coaching moves:

-give all backup PG minutes to douglas, even though he's shooting 5% from the field

-tell lin to do nothing except bring the ball up then remain motionless 40 ft from the basket.

12. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Sorry, I make threads to talk about the Rockets because this is a Rockets forum. I like to talk about the Rockets because they are my team, I watch what they do and try and figure out why it does or doesn't make sense. Sorry I didn't make a thread about George Karl because he isn't the coach of my team and I don't follow the Nuggets. I couldn't care less about what offense Denver runs, im not a Nuggets fan. I hold my teams accountable, first and foremost.

I make one comment about how our offense looked tonight and you immediately jump to that conclusion??

Denver does suck, though. In fact, George Karl has been striking out in the playoffs for most of his career. If you would argue otherwise then please present the evidence.

I'm not bashing anyone, I was speaking the truth. If the truth means that I bash someone then......wellll, my bad.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Does McHale think Asik is a prime Tim Duncan or something. Stop force feeding him. He's either going to miss miserably, turn it over, or get fouled and airball both free throws.

14. heypartner

Comparing and Contrasting the Rockets to other teams is very commonly done in this Rockets forum. It's OK to do, and actually encouraged. Comparing and Contrasting our coaches to other team's coaches is very commonly done, too.

Do you really never do that? Everyone does unless you are such a homey you don't care what other teams do,,,just living in a bubble.

15. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Nah, I don't take offense to anything said on an internet forum.

I'm an armchair analyst just like most of you are.