1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tom Thibodeau & McHale spent 20+ minutes talking strategy... (UPDATED: Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Some video clips of Thibodeau and McHale talking throughout the stretch. They were talking the entire time I was in there -- basketball strategy and just hoops in general. I would just record at random times so these are mixed clips (though in correct order of time).

[youtube]aOZwObolEug[/youtube]

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

So explain Golden States ability to dominate on both ends last season.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tom Thibodeau does indeed smile/laugh. :eek::grin:

Did he ever put his bag down?

4. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

LOL at your sig quotes...here's one of my favorites:

5. rockets13champs

He has hundreds of copies of his resumes he is giving around the league

6. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

The likelihood of the Rockets becoming a Top 3/Top 5 Defense and hopefully a Champion is much greater with the assistance of Thibs :cool:

7. hakeemthagreat

You're right, Thibbs is a horrible offensive strategist. But I'd bring him in as a defensive coach ANY day. Remember when Boston won the championship Thibbs was running their defense

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Theres a bomb in the bag.

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

Thibs brings the D, McHale brings the O, Harden brings home the Gold.

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

If we hired Thibs as the Defensive Coordinator the entire league would take a synchronized $hit in their pants.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tom doesn't need to give out his resume.

12. Mr Chuck Norris

We have more defensive potential here that he would ever have. I bet thibs would've loved to coach an player like pat Beverley. Clint, KJ, ariza, Dwight, Brewer, harden and Lawson are already top half in the NBA in steals. If Thibby can maximize that potential this will be a great season. Maybe I'm just dreaming

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Realistically speaking... can we just outright sign Thibs? And bam, we have him? Or is there some process? Or is he actually a free agent coach right now with no strings attached?

I'm just confused to why he's still an eligible bachelor on the court right now...

14. malakas

malakas Member

he is a fa free to sign wherever he wants or nowhere at all (that's his plan). And we would have to fire Mchale and then talk to Thibs about maybe accepting the job or go behind Mchale's back and then it would be a sh!tstorm of hypocritic media saying we did Mchale dirty etc etc.

He was only pursued by the Wolves and that's because he has flaws as coach. There are far worse coaches with jobs tho in the league so i don't think he will stay unemplyed for long but HE will be the one to choose his job like SVG. Somewhere that he wants. And that's not likely to be Houston because of Morrey.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i agree. that was a side of harden i wish i never knew :(

16. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Dude, you wouldn't wear those shorts if someone paid you 200 million? I would arguably wear a bikini and pink tutu and look ridiculous in doing so (I'm a dude) if someone paid me 200 million

17. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Sorry mate, I don't know what anybody would do with your left nut.. Your left kidney is a different story

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The 2014-2015 Golden State Warriors says hello, and you're wrong.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Warriors have the best defensive coach in the NBA on their staff: Ron Adams. Kerr had the good sense to just delegate that end of the floor to him. He could turn two blind people, a cripple, a matador and a miniature poodle into a good defensive unit.

20. Raven

Raven Member

I don't want that guy anywhere near the players, and any team that hires him to coach is going to get what they deserve.