1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tom Green: Road Trip

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by countingcrow, May 20, 2000.

Tags:
  1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

This is one funny ass movie. Tom Green is just plain hilarious and some of the stunts he pulls are just unbelieveable. If you haven't seen this movie yet, go see it. Two thumbs up!!!!

------------------

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What other movies do you think is good?

------------------

3. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

The Outlaw Josie Wales has to be one of the best movies I've ever seen; Is Clint Eastwood(Josie) bad are what?

The two best Clint Eastwood movie quotes of all time.
    When the bounty hunter intends to take him in, and he says, "A man's gotta make a living."-and Clint Eastwoood says,"Well dying ain't much of a living boy."-don't mess with Josie Wells; and if you do, don't prepare for your funeral-"cause the buzzards gotta eat." he-he [​IMG]

I just watched the movie; so I had to rant.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited May 20, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited May 20, 2000).]

4. dc sports

dc sports Member

I just saw Battlefield Earth tonight. It was good, but NOT to the level of the hype. Interesting, with some cool little twists. It is NOT the new Star Wars, as some reviews have suggested. John Travolta does show a different side. Pretty good movie.

For those that have seen it -- Quick test: What is the absolute favorite food of humans? Travolta does some research in the movie -- but don't ruin it.

Frequency is outstanding. Take your dad to see it -- they should have waited until Father's day to release it. Very good. Has touches of Silence of the Lambs, Backdraft, and Back to the Future -- but is a unique show.

U571 is also a very good movie -- but I think guys will appreciate it more. Good action thriller, with ordinary sailors going to extraordinary lengths to overcome the odds.

High Fidelity -- Different, but I didn't care for it. Wait for the video.

Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas. My little nephews/nieces (5, 2.5, 2 yrs)gave it good reviews, but they really didn't talk about it as much as other movies. Their mom said it was pretty good for a kid's movie, but not quite as good as the first. She liked the cast, and the fact that none of the dinosaurs were purple singing ones.

------------------
    Stay Cool...

[This message has been edited by dc sports (edited May 20, 2000).]

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Dammit, Battlefield Earth better be good. I just got done with the 1050 page book.

Unfortunately, the book wasn't real good, so I don't expect much from the movie!

Road Trip was hilarious!!

------------------
    Get your proper swirve on...visit www.swirve.com (coming in mid-June, for now visit www.eesite.com)

6. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Battlefield Earth was terrible, and the movie contains about half of the book. Don't waste your time and see it.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited May 21, 2000).]

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I agree Road Trip was an awesome movie but I don't think it is the best movie of the summer. The 30 seconds of fame UT/Austin got was pretty cool.

------------------
    It's all good!

8. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Just saw Road Trip last night, and you guys are right - It was hilarious!

If you want a couple hours of all-out laughs and entertainment, this is your movie.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    True champions do not take their failures to heart and never let success go to their heads.

9. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

"Road ......." funny, but it gets tiresome after the twenty-third attempt to shock all the parents watching it. Kinda like a Tom Green show on steroids.

"U571 ...." a trendy re-hash of "das Boot" only in color, without the subtitles or das boot's infectious claustraphobic character facial studies. Matthew Mc C. actually gets to act in a couple of scenes in this picture. And for the most part, does well.

"Gone in 50 Seconds ......" upscale action, and downscale drama version of a whole list of similar movies. The Silver Cobra chase ranks up there with Steve McQueens Dark Green Shelby in "Bullit". Action angles and Point of Veiws were very inventive.

"MI 2 ......." Frankly he should have let the movie self-destruct in 5 seconds and kept the mission recording. Poor sequel. Major Poor. Opens with 25 minutes of sexy character building, and the rest in "damsel in distress". Where was the editor in this movie? Some neat makeup changes that gets predictablke after the second or third time, but the best is some of the slow-mo fight scenes and all of the bike chase. Woo's impact is evident.

------------------

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I haven't seen Road Trip, but have heard it is really funny.

Everyone I've talked to about Battlefield Earth and U571 said they both sucked. I was told not to waste my money.

High Fidelity was alright. I saw it with a girlfriend of mine. It has some funny parts. I guess its more of a date movie.

Has anyone seen Titan AE yet?

------------------
    We need some meat in the post and I don't mean Brian Grant!

11. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

I saw Titan A.E the other day and I must say that was one gorgeous movie.

Too bad it sucked.

Gladiator has my vote for movie of the summer -- thus far.

I'm confident it'll slip to the #3 spot after X-Men and the Patriot hit the theaters.

------------------
    "Kick to the gut....The Stunner, The Stunner!!!!....Lights out for Austin Croshere!!!"

12. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

Road Trip was hilarious. I just saw Big Momma the other day, it had its moments but it also had its moments of being just plain bad.

------------------