1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To start a Franchise ,who would you pick

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by UtilityPlayer, Aug 27, 2013.

Tags:
?

Which young QB to start a Franchise

1. Wilson

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. RG3

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Kaepernick

13 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Ryan

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Freeman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Luck

38 vote(s)
    55.1%
  7. Stafford

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Flacco

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bradford

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

in regards to young QB's? I am also putting up a poll ;)

2. 713

713 Member

JJ Watt

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I chose Colin Kaepernick ... I believe he's the total package ... smart, rocket arm, fantastic speed and running ability, study body (durability), clutch ability, can win in tough postseason games (remember the Niners came back in both the NFC Championship game and Super Bowl by some fairly hefty leads), and typically a very hard player to game plan for...

Question about the poll, though, where's Cam Newton at, if you have Freeman, Bradford, and even Flacco, how can you not include Cam?

My 2nd choice would've been Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson.

Flacco and Ryan are the best QBs on the list now, but I think once the younger players start to develop a little more experience ... I see higher ceiling with Wilson, Luck, Kaepernick, RGIII, and even Newton.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

RG3 is younger but has already had a major injury. Kaepernick and Wilson are my choices, I choose Wilson sinces he's a bit younger than Kaepernick. Although I feel Kaepernick might be an equally good choice since he's been to the Super bowl.

The New QB is a running QB. Luck is Old School, maybe the last of a dying breed? RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, Vick, Newton, all scramblers. We'll see how they pan out compared to Luck.

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Luck - the running qbacks are too likely to have a drop off from injury. And they will all get injured at some point.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Absolutely one of the younger QB's listed that are locked into the new CBA. Building a franchise around a QB that is paid peanuts is the new model.

7. SirLK26

SirLK26 Member

This is too easy. RG3.

Kaepernick: He's really good, but he's also overrated. He plays on an elite team; remember, Alex Smith took the 49ers to the NFC Championship, so it's not all Kaepernick.

Wilson: He is very overrated. If you keep him in the pocket, he becomes an average quarterback. RG3, Newton, and Kaepernick can stay in the pocket and throw, but Wilson has to be outside the pocket and running around to be effective.

Freeman: Who?

Bradford: I'm not impressed with this guy at all; although I do expect the Rams to make a serious push for the playoffs this year.

Stafford: He plays with the best receiver in the NFL, and what have the Lions done with him starting?

Luck: This guy is good, very good. Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan good. I'll still take RG3.

Flacco: He's an elite quarterback, and of these guys it would be between Flacco and RG3. But if RG3 can stay healthy, I'll take him.

Ryan: He's also very good, but he's overrated. He plays with 3 elite receivers in Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzales. Again if RG3 is healthy, I'll take him.

But, really, who knows? Maybe RG3 will have a career ending injury, maybe Wilson will flame out, maybe everybody's overrating Luck...You can't look into the future and see who will have the most success. But you can guess, and my educated guess is RG3.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Not elite. He only threw for 299 yards in the SB.

:grin::grin::grin:

9. SirLK26

SirLK26 Member

I know, right? How could you possibly call that guy elite? He's only the first quarterback in NFL history to make the playoffs in his first 5 seasons, ya' know? Furthermore, he only has a Super Bowl ring, 17,633 career passing yards, 102 TDs, and an 86.3 rating. Clearly, he's a mid-tier-at-best, rock-throwing, overrated, wannabe quarterback. ;)

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Strike another one down for Kaepernick

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can't decide between Luck or Kaepernick. Would have said Luck no doubt a year ago, but Kaepernick has reeled off elite performance after elite performance. Sure he's got a great supporting cast, but that dude is money. And Luck obviously has everything you would want. Nothing more really to say about him.

RG3 has the skills...but I want to see him stay healthy first.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

scramblers still haven't proven their long term staying power in the league. You don't want your most valuable team asset (QB) running for first downs too much...guys like Patrick Willis and Brian Cushing will put them in crutches..

Luck for sure.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

With 16 regular-season starts, Kaepernick isn’t where some thought he’d be

Take note Keenum-is-the-future guys. ;)

Rank 'em
    Andrew Luck
    Andy Dalton
    Cam Newton
    Case Keenum
    Christian Ponder
    Colin Kaepernick
    EJ Manuel
    Geno Smith
    Jake Locker
    Joe Flacco
    Josh Freeman
    Matt Ryan
    Matt Stafford
    Mike Glennon
    Nick Foles
    Robert Griffin
    Russell Wilson
    Ryan Tannehill
    Sam Bradford
    Terrelle Pryor

#13 J.R., Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  14. baseballa56k

baseballa56k Member

What about Cam Newton? Dude is a stud when he's on and if he had a solid offensive line I think he would be a rockstar.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

you may be right. The scramblers have taken a big step backwards this year. The read-option was figured out. The only one that is doing pretty well is Russell Wilson, but he doesn't even throw for that many yards. He has a tremendous RB in Lynch and that exceptional Seattle defense, so Wilson isn't forced to take a lot of chances.

The rest have really fallen back to the pack, and most to the bottom of the pack.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Wilson is better than luck at almost every statistical category except passing yards. He has more touchdowns. He has a better completion percentage. He gets more yards per pass.

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Never to Kaepernick.

18. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

so does Cam and RG3

Luck is a lot of media hype, you could classify him as an athletic qb... he plays nothing like Peyton

all the young qb's are good in their own right

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

ironically Luck is running a lot this year.. all of these young qb's are mobile... and can throw thats what makes them unique... in the past it was just qb's could do one or the other

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think the jury's still out on Wilson since the odds are so much in his favor. A huge percentage of his passes are off the play action, which face less qb pressure based off of watching Schaub all these years. To Wilson's note, throwing on the move seems to be a strength for him.