1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To my fellow Rockets Fans in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freemaniam, Nov 13, 2007.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

[​IMG]

Great News! While doing my routine check on the TV broadcasting schedule for basketball games, I found the following amazing results:

Code:
    Date    Time   Game        Channel   
    Nov 4   0830   POR @ HOU   Star Sports
    Nov 6   0930   HOU @ DAL   NBA-TV
    Nov 10  0930   MIL @ HOU   TVB
    Nov 17  0900   HOU @ SAS   ESPN
    Nov 18  0930   PHX @ HOU   ESPN (<- WOW! Back2Back!)
    Nov 24  0900   HOU @ MIA   ESPN
    Nov 27  1130   HOU @ LAC   NBA-TV
    7 Rockets regular season games broadcasting within a month, can you believe that? :eek: Perhaps the ESPN guys eventually read my email sent to them last season. :D I couldn't believe they show back-to-back Rockets games, esp during regular season while they only broadcast 3 NBA games max each week.

Please request everyone you know whom have subscribed NOW TV to tune into channel 670 (ESPN) or 671 (Star Sports) when they show the Rockets games. The guy who planned this month's programme should be rewarded: when they give us Rockets games, we give them sky high ratings. Fair enough, isn't it? :)

2. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

DAMN!! Then I must find excuses or take personal leave that I could go back to Hong Kong on those Friday nights and stay in Hong Kong those 2 Saturdays to watch Rockets versus San Antonio Spurs and versus Miami Heat to witness the complete demolition of Shaquille O'Neil by Big Yao !! :D

3. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Noted. But will be at work when they show the game, will definitely watch re-run at night.

i-cable on the other hand is showing complete junk like Pacers vs Bobcats, jez.

4. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

too bad I'm not in Hong Kong :mad:

5. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

That's great!!! Can't wait to see the SAS and PHO games :cool:

6. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Do ESPN/Star Sports re-run the NBA games? :confused:

It they do, then GREAT !!! :D

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

ESPN does not rerun them here in the U.S.

But maybe in CHINA?

8. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Shall we organize a viewing party for, say Phoenix game or Miami game?

How many Hongkongers here?

9. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

They normally re-run the show in the evening on the same day, mostly 20:30. BTW, here's their schedule:

http://www.espnstar.com/tvtimes/search-tvtimes.cmd;jsessionid=8A32D796080005B273F54C6ECAF3F9BE

[Edit:] Oh crap, the above link didn't show the search results properly, here 's the original search page, select "Hong Kong" for "Country", "Basketball" for "Sport" and the very last date in the pull down for "To". Then click "View Schedule" button then you will get to the correct TV schedule.

http://www.espnstar.com/tvtimes/tvtimes_index.jsp

#9 freemaniam, Nov 13, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  10. cmellon

cmellon Member

With all the streaming TV, it really doesn't matter anymore where you live as long as there is a broadband connection. In fact, I watch everything online now.

11. adamlam

adamlam Member

As a rocket fan, living in HK is so unfortunate. Only a few people concerns the NBA. To watch the rockets the only way is to have espn or watch on the internet :(

12. liangqj

liangqj Member

I wonder If HK has NBATV? In my mind, many channels live in HK.
    However, on the internet, we can watch all the games of Rockets from P2P net-TV.

13. Barkley

Barkley Member

We still have to be happy we are Rockets' fans. And we still have to be happy Yao is a Rocket. Why? Cause we can watch the games live on chinise channels. I know the quality ain't the best and chinise comments are annoyin' but it is syill beter that anythin'.

14. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

man, i'm craving dim sum...

15. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I don't have ESPN nor Star Sports channel anyway. I will continue to watch Rockets primarily by P2P TV.

16. tituspan

tituspan Contributing Member

Wow, I didn't know that many people follow rockets and come to this board in Hong Kong. Let's throw a viewing party, may be say 2nd round of playoffs or something :)
    Anyway, the chinese commentators are not annoying, they are very boring.

17. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

You've got to be kidding me......the mont where I'm not in Hong Kong there are 7 Rockets games? I'm soooo angry :mad: .....and by the time I get back the torrents would have all died down.

18. Zfan

Zfan Member

pls count me :)

19. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

Hey buddies in HK, I have sent email to some of you. Let's see whether we can chat in MSN. My dream is to attend a Rockets Game in Houston.

20. dutbear

dutbear New Member

You are right. The commentators of p2p are better than which of tvs.