1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Morey and Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Oct 8, 2019.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Hire a real local Chinese PR guru to handle this immediately. Not likes of Colin Pine, or even Joe Tsai. Real local Chinese like Yang Yi (who handled JR Smith situation a few years beautifully). Listen to them and do what they say. It's still salvageable, but reading the signals and making right moves require hardcore local expertise.

This is in no way selling out your conscience. What's on the line here is the largest basketball market outside the US. China is paying washed-up NBA players, Lance Stevenson, Ty Lawson, DMO, millions of dollars to play only 40 some games. They love basketball and overpay for the stuff you sell to them when comes to NBA. If you don't know what to say to a Chinese to start a conversation, start with NBA. You will be surprised there are not only Rockets fans, but warriors, sixers, raptor, mavs fans in China all over the places for different reasons. They love it. Don't fxxk this up.

This is what those dubious politicians telling you to stay behind principles will do. In fact, they do this all the time in the name of comprising for the greater good - house of cards. Don't for a second think they are looking out for your interests at the moment. They are exploiting you for easy political scores. Guess what they will do in a situation like this when they are in a hot seat.

And last but not least, the fans that are calling you to stay behind principles and represent what this country is about. Guess what they will do in a situation when their clients, bosses, co-workers, neighbors say or do something outrageous? Do they ALL ask themselves to stay behind the very principles they ask you be behind in those situations?

Be smart. Hopefully, this will be handled the right way soon. And let's focus on basketball again!

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

F that. They chose to get their panties in a bunch over a tweet supporting freedom. NBA makes plenty of money without China as is, they'll be fine and survive. They'll win this. Short term big loss, long term gigantic gain.

mikol13, malakas and DVauthrin like this.
  3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’d rather just let China take their ball and go home. Goodbye and good luck!

4. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Why do we need china again? Do we need players from china or something? lol
    I am sure many of those that work for the nba can still eat after without the help of china.

malakas likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks for the effort but I think you'll get blasted here.

soulsong999 likes this.
  6. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

On Outside The Lines on ESPN they had a commentator talking about how Morey, the Rockets, and the NBA were just figureheads. His stance was that this was really about the trade war, and only resolution of that through Trump was really going to fix this situation. Obviously I'm not sure if that is the real primary impetus, but that made sense to me.

7. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I 100% agree with this but I don’t think this can be saved this season unless they fire Morey.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

F that. They are getting emotional over a tweet about freedom. **** them.

malakas likes this.
  9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

**** China and quit starting these damn threads in the Garm. Take it to the political forum. This is damn ridiculous.

tochiee22 likes this.
  10. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Chinese basketball fans gonna be mad when they realize they have to watch only CBA.. lol

generalthade_03 and LonghornFan like this.